Topics

Alpha 9500 interface

Dave, KD6BZN, has developed a utility that replaced the standard Alpha Remote software. He just integrated an update so that you can connect it with DXLab's Commander software and the amp will QSY into new bands or band segments based on Commander's frequency, without transmitting. Very cool.

To do it:

1. Install his software from http://www.mulveyware.com <http://www.mulveyware.com/> and the supporting KeySight VEE Runtime package 2. In Commander select 'Config' > General > and enable 'Net Serv'
3. In the radio group, select 'Enable'
4. Open his software. Select your 9500's comm port. Click 'Setup' and then save to save the port selection.

+ Thanks, Andy. The note on Dave KD6BZN's web page says

"wrote this program to allow Ham Radio Deluxe to control band switching on the Alpha 9500.
N1MM and DXLab will work instead of HRD but without automatic exciter power control.
It has been set up to work with the IC-7600, IC-7700, Flex, and Yeasu FT-5000 via Ham Radio Deluxe.
It will do other radios but may require some slight changes.
It will also work without HRD for the IC-7600, and IC-7410 (probably other ICOM radios)."

+ After reading this, I don't understand which transceivers are supported when using Commander.

Andy Holmes, K5PO

It works for my FTdx-5000, but I think for the Commander integration, it doesn't really care what transceiver you have as long as Commander recognizes it.

I didn't set anything up in KD6BZN's software for my FTdx-5000 as it was already setup in Commander. I just connected KD6BZN's tool to Commander.

It works for my FTdx-5000, but I think for the Commander integration, it doesn't really care what transceiver you have as long as Commander recognizes it.

I didn't set anything up in KD6BZN's software for my FTdx-5000 as it was already setup in Commander. I just connected KD6BZN's tool to Commander.

+ if you can confirm with Dave KD6BZN that his interface will work with all transceivers supported by Commander, I will add it to

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm#Bridges,%20Gateways,%20%20and%20Extenders>

Joe Subich, W4TV

Dave,

Based on the information posted, the KD6BZN software for the Alpha 9500
utilizes the UDP broadcast information. As such, it should "follow
frequency" for any transceiver supported by Commander. It will not
allow band specific transceiver power levels for any transceiver
connected to/controlled by Commander as I do not believe Commander's
UDP provides for transceiver power control.

On 2019-10-29 2:31 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
[...]

+ Thanks, Joe. That sounds right, but I'd like to hear it from the developer (KD6BZN).

Andy Holmes, K5PO

I directed KD6BZN to this thread. He said he'd work to add some comment this weekend. Thanks!

I directed KD6BZN to this thread. He said he'd work to add some comment this weekend. Thanks!

+ Thanks, Andy!