73,
Mike ND9G

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2020-01-19 9:52 AM, ND9G Mike wrote:
When I import an ADIF file from my contest log, every station I work
with a KG4 prefix is assigned to Guantanamo Bay, even when the call
is a 2x3 call, which are US based calls.
Please provide an example of the ADIF entry (import file) for a call
that imports incorrectly.

On 2020-01-19 9:52 AM, ND9G Mike wrote:
When I import an ADIF file from my contest log, every station I work with a
KG4 prefix is assigned to Guantanamo Bay, even when the call is a 2x3 call,
which are US based calls.
I notice when I enter any of these calls into the capture window, or direct
logging of a new QSO, it correctly identifies them as United States, not
Guantanamo Bay.
Is there something I can do to have these identified correctly on import,
so I don't have to go back and find them and fix them?
73,
Mike ND9G

ND9G Mike

Here is one from yesterday's NAQP.

 <CALL:6>KG4IGC <QSO_DATE:8>20200119 <TIME_ON:6>035916 <TIME_OFF:6>035916 <STATE:2>SC <BAND:3>80M <STATION_CALLSIGN:4>ND9G <FREQ:7>3.71469 <CONTEST_ID:8>NAQP-SSB <FREQ_RX:7>3.71469 <MODE:3>SSB <NAME:5>FRANK <RST_RCVD:2>59 <RST_SENT:2>59 <TX_PWR:3>100 <OPERATOR:4>ND9G <CQZ:1>5 <STX:3>476 <APP_N1MM_POINTS:1>1 <APP_N1MM_RADIO_NR:1>1 <APP_N1MM_CONTINENT:2>NA <APP_N1MM_RUN1RUN2:1>1 <APP_N1MM_RADIOINTERFACED:1>1 <APP_N1MM_ISORIGINAL:4>True <APP_N1MM_NETBIOSNAME:15>DESKTOP-V25NV5K <APP_N1MM_ISRUNQSO:1>0 <EOR>

73,
Mike ND9G

On 2020-01-19 9:52 AM, ND9G Mike wrote:
> When I import an ADIF file from my contest log, every station I work with a
> KG4 prefix is assigned to Guantanamo Bay, even when the call is a 2x3 call,
> which are US based calls.
>
> I notice when I enter any of these calls into the capture window, or direct
> logging of a new QSO, it correctly identifies them as United States, not
> Guantanamo Bay.
>
> Is there something I can do to have these identified correctly on import,
> so I don't have to go back and find them and fix them?
>
> 73,
> Mike ND9G

Gary K9GS

I see this too:

Callsign: KG4USN

Callsign: KG4CRJ

Callsign: KG4IGC

I see this when I upload to ClubLog.

73,

Gary K9GS

On 2020-01-19 9:52 AM, ND9G Mike wrote:
> When I import an ADIF file from my contest log, every station I work with a
> KG4 prefix is assigned to Guantanamo Bay, even when the call is a 2x3 call,
> which are US based calls.
>
> I notice when I enter any of these calls into the capture window, or direct
> logging of a new QSO, it correctly identifies them as United States, not
> Guantanamo Bay.
>
> Is there something I can do to have these identified correctly on import,
> so I don't have to go back and find them and fix them?
>
> 73,
> Mike ND9G

ve3ki

This also happens with 2x1 call signs like KG4Q.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On 2020-01-19 9:52 AM, ND9G Mike wrote:
> When I import an ADIF file from my contest log, every station I work with a
> KG4 prefix is assigned to Guantanamo Bay, even when the call is a 2x3 call,
> which are US based calls.
>
> I notice when I enter any of these calls into the capture window, or direct
> logging of a new QSO, it correctly identifies them as United States, not
> Guantanamo Bay.
>
> Is there something I can do to have these identified correctly on import,
> so I don't have to go back and find them and fix them?
>
> 73,
> Mike ND9G

Jim McPhee

Edited

That happened to me as well when I imported the N1MM+ ADIF file from the NAQP-SSB. I only had one:

KG4IGC
Summerville, SC 29483

but it was assigned to Guantanamo Bay.

--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM

Tom LeClerc

I had 4 KG4xxx calls and all were K in N1MM and imported as Guantanamo.  Good thing Clublog sent me an email response saying it had them as US.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 2:31 PM Jim McPhee <jmcphee@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

That happened to me as well when I imported the N1MM+ ADIF file from the NAQP-SSB. I only had one:

KG4IGC
Summerville, SC 29483

but it was assigned to Guantanamo Bay.

--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM
W5ABA

--
Tom LeClerc, Amateur Radio Station W1TJL
 (past calls WB1CBY, /VE8,XL8,CI8,VO2)

               LeClerc Consulting
              email: w1tjl@...
            PC/Network Consulting

Gary K9GS

Same here. That's how I found out.

73,

Gary K9GS

[...]

+ That's the result of a defect inadvertently introduced in DXKeeper 14.8.3, which was released on 2019-01-24. The defect is triggered by importing an ADIF record that specifies a KG4 callsign but does not specify a DXCC entity.

+ I have corrected this defect in the next version of DXKeeper, but that next version of DXKeeper includes the ability to replace PSK with another digital mode family for realtime DXCC award tracking. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DXCCUserSelectedDigitalMode>

+ Versions of DXKeeper, DXView and SpotCollector that support this new capability are being tested as we speak, but more testing is required before making public releases.

+ To correct KG4 callsigns imported from N1MM with incorrect DXCC entities,

1. backup your log

2. filter your Log Page Display with the expression

<(len(call)<>5) and (mid$(call,1,3)='KG4') and (QSO_Begin > #2019-01-24#)

3. review the QSOs shown in the Log Page Display to confirm that each is actually in the continental United States.

4. in the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's "Modify QSOs" panel,

4a. set the "Item name" selector to

DXCCPrefix

4b. set the "Item new value" selector to K

4c. click the Mod button

5. To correct each QSO's logged CQ zone and ITU zone, if you have DXKeeper configured to use a Callbook ("QRZ.com via Pathfinder" is free), depress the CTRL and ALT keys while clicking the CBA button above the Log Page Display. Otherwise, lookup each logged QSO's callsign in DXView to determine its CQ zone and ITU zone, and update the logged QSO accordingly.

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2020-01-19 3:01 PM, Tom LeClerc wrote:
I had 4 KG4xxx calls and all were K in N1MM and imported as
Guantanamo.
Unfortunately, N1MM+ does not export the ADIF number (DXCC
entity Code), e.g., KG4 = <COUNTRY:3> 105, K = <COUNTRY:3>
291, etc. even though N1MM+ knows the correct information
internally.

On 2020-01-19 3:01 PM, Tom LeClerc wrote:
I had 4 KG4xxx calls and all were K in N1MM and imported as Guantanamo.
Good thing Clublog sent me an email response saying it had them as US.
On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 2:31 PM Jim McPhee <jmcphee@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
That happened to me as well when I imported the N1MM+ ADIF file from the
NAQP-SSB. I only had one:

KG4IGC
Summerville, SC 29483

but it was assigned to Guantanamo Bay.

--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM
W5ABA

Gilbert Baron W0MN

So the defect is actually in N1MM then ?

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN
Hierro candente, batir de repente
44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

On 2020-01-19 3:01 PM, Tom LeClerc wrote:
I had 4 KG4xxx calls and all were K in N1MM and imported as Guantanamo.
Good thing Clublog sent me an email response saying it had them as US.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 2:31 PM Jim McPhee <jmcphee@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
That happened to me as well when I imported the N1MM+ ADIF file from
the NAQP-SSB. I only had one:

KG4IGC
Summerville, SC 29483

but it was assigned to Guantanamo Bay.

--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM
W5ABA

--
W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Joe Subich, W4TV

I don't know that I would call it a defect in N1MM+ since ADIF does
not require a specific minimum complement of tags. However, failing
to export something as basic as "country" or exporting enumerated data
(country, zone, etc.) using application specific (e.g., APP_N1MM_)
tags is sloppy programming.