Topics

Alerts for JA prefectures

Steve, W7WM

For whatever reason, I am trying to confirm contacts with all 47 JA prefectures (WAJA).

I am looking for a process that will alert me (Spotcollector, eMail, Audio) when a targetted station is spotted.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish this? Match on prefix? Match on grid?

I only have three left to go but I will most likely want to replicate this quest for EA, F, G, ...... (really running out of things to chase).

Thanks,

-Steve, W7WM

For whatever reason, I am trying to confirm contacts with all 47 JA prefectures (WAJA).

I am looking for a process that will alert me (Spotcollector, eMail, Audio) when a targetted station is spotted.

+ Since a prefecture cannot be determined from a callsign, and since prefectures are rarely included in spot notes for Japanese stations, there is no way that SpotCollector can on its own identify stations you need for WAJA. The best you can do is add the callsigns of stations in needed prefectures to SpotCollector's "Special Callsign List", as described here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/IdentifyLogClubMembers>

Steve, W7WM

Thanks Dave.

"you can populate the Special Callsigns List from a text file" will allow me to accomplish my goal with minimal pain.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 10:40 AM Steve, W7WM <w7wm.boone@...> wrote:

Thanks Dave.

"you can populate the Special Callsigns List from a text file" will allow me to accomplish my goal with minimal pain.
Yes, you can - see
https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationSpecialCallsigns.htm

Side-note to Dave - under "Saving the Special Callsign List", it says
"tab-delimited file". I think it should say "comma-delimited".

73,

~iain / N6ML

Yes, you can - see
https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationSpecialCallsigns.htm

Side-note to Dave - under "Saving the Special Callsign List", it says "tab-delimited file". I think it should say "comma-delimited".

+ Thanks, Iain! I have corrected

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationSpecialCallsigns.htm>

+ You can download this file into SpotCollector's Help folder, replacing the existing ConfigurationSpecialCallsigns.htm file.