Topics

ADIF import question

Ron KU7Y

I use the SKCC Logger when playing with those folks. Very nice logger for
that use.

All those contacts go into a Master ADIF log. It imported into DXKeeper with
no problems. But now I have some more contacts in that same Master ADIF log.
Can I just import it again to get the new contacts into DXKeeper or will
those contacts that have already been uploaded cause a problem?

Thanks,

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
Mountain Home, ID DN23dc
CW Ops #1211
BUG USERS #189
SKCC #4904
QRP ARCI #8829
SOC #2
Idaho DX Association
Ron@...

https://www.avg.com

I use the SKCC Logger when playing with those folks. Very nice logger for that use.

All those contacts go into a Master ADIF log. It imported into DXKeeper with no problems. But now I have some more contacts in that
same Master ADIF log.
Can I just import it again to get the new contacts into DXKeeper or will those contacts that have already been uploaded cause a
problem?

+ By default, the QSOs that you previously imported will be imported again. The resulting duplicate QSOs in your DXKeeper log will
cause havoc with many functions; automated synchronization with LoTW, for example.

+ On the Main window's "Import QSOs" tab, you can prevent the importing of duplicate QSOs by checking the "Check duplicates on
import" option with the range set to 1 minute. However, this will cause the import function to run slowly, since each imported QSO
must be checked against all current QSOs to see if it is already present.

+ Ideally, you would only export an ADIF file from the SKCC Logger that contains the latest batch of QSOs that you logged. This file
can then be imported without enabling duplicate checking.

Edited

In SKCCLogger, you can select the new QSO's and in the File menu select EXPORT SELECTED. This will build an .adi file with only the new Q's.

Ron KU7Y

Thanks for the info Dave,

I'll filter that log and just import the new contacts to DXK.

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
Mountain Home, ID DN23dc
CW Ops #1211
BUG USERS #189
SKCC #4904
QRP ARCI #8829
SOC #2
Idaho DX Association
Ron@...

[...]

Thanks Bob,

I may have questions for you directly if I hit a snag!!  :-)

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y

Mountain Home, ID  DN23dc

CW Ops #1211