Topics

ADIF file write on shutdown - request.

Jim - KR9U

As I'm working 6 meters this season, I started using the GridTracker https://tagloomis.com/grid-tracker/ program as an addition to WSJT/JTAlert and PSK Reporter.  I know, right?
Grid Tracker must read an ADIF file to keep current on displayed grids worked/confirmed, which it can do on startup which is configured in the setup optoins.
I don't believe it is possible for Grid Tracker to read a DXKeeper log.
Could a simple option to create a standard ADIF be added to DXKeeper to accomplish this?   \

As I'm working 6 meters this season, I started using the GridTracker https://tagloomis.com/grid-tracker/ program as an addition to WSJT/JTAlert and PSK Reporter. I know, right?
Grid Tracker must read an ADIF file to keep current on displayed grids worked/confirmed, which it can do on startup which is configured in the setup optoins.
I don't believe it is possible for Grid Tracker to read a DXKeeper log.
Could a simple option to create a standard ADIF be added to DXKeeper to accomplish this?

+ You can do that now using the "Export QSOs" tab on DXKeeper's Main window:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOExport>

+ You might also review this article:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GridPlottingDXAtlas>

+ DX Atlas is not free, but you'll be able to view your grid progress without exporting a new ADIF file each time you work or confirm a new grid.

Jim - KR9U

Hi Dave,

I have been doing the ADIF export every time before closing DXK, I do like many of the GT features, therefore, I was just asking if an option to automatically write the ADIF file on DXK exit would be possible.

Jim - KR9U

[...]

+ I do not want to encourage the use of ADIF files containing every logged QSO for interoperation. If the developer of GridTracker would like to directly interoperate with DXLab, as more than 30 other application developers have done, I'll be happy to provide assistance.

Jim - KR9U

Thanks Dave,

Jim – KR9U