Topics

ADIF file write on shutdown - request.

Jim - KR9U

As I'm working 6 meters this season, I started using the GridTracker https://tagloomis.com/grid-tracker/ program as an addition to WSJT/JTAlert and PSK Reporter.  I know, right?
Grid Tracker must read an ADIF file to keep current on displayed grids worked/confirmed, which it can do on startup which is configured in the setup optoins.
I don't believe it is possible for Grid Tracker to read a DXKeeper log.
Could a simple option to create a standard ADIF be added to DXKeeper to accomplish this?   \

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

As I'm working 6 meters this season, I started using the GridTracker https://tagloomis.com/grid-tracker/ program as an addition to WSJT/JTAlert and PSK Reporter. I know, right?
Grid Tracker must read an ADIF file to keep current on displayed grids worked/confirmed, which it can do on startup which is configured in the setup optoins.
Could a simple option to create a standard ADIF be added to DXKeeper to accomplish this?

+ You can do that now using the "Export QSOs" tab on DXKeeper's Main window:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOExport>

+ You might also review this article:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GridPlottingDXAtlas>

+ DX Atlas is not free, but you'll be able to view your grid progress without exporting a new ADIF file each time you work or confirm a new grid.

Dave, AA6YQ

Jim - KR9U

Hi Dave,

I have been doing the ADIF export every time before closing DXK, I do like many of the GT features, therefore, I was just asking if an option to automatically write the ADIF file on DXK exit would be possible.

Jim - KR9U

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 6:01 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] ADIF file write on shutdown - request.

+ AA6YQ comments below

As I'm working 6 meters this season, I started using the GridTracker https://tagloomis.com/grid-tracker/ program as an addition to WSJT/JTAlert and PSK Reporter. I know, right?
Could a simple option to create a standard ADIF be added to DXKeeper to accomplish this?

+ You can do that now using the "Export QSOs" tab on DXKeeper's Main window:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOExport>

+ You might also review this article:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GridPlottingDXAtlas>

+ DX Atlas is not free, but you'll be able to view your grid progress without exporting a new ADIF file each time you work or confirm a new grid.

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have been doing the ADIF export every time before closing DXK, I do like many of the GT features, therefore, I was just asking if an option to automatically write the ADIF file on DXK exit would be possible.

+ I do not want to encourage the use of ADIF files containing every logged QSO for interoperation. If the developer of GridTracker would like to directly interoperate with DXLab, as more than 30 other application developers have done, I'll be happy to provide assistance.

Dave, AA6YQ

Jim - KR9U

Thanks Dave,

Jim – KR9U

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 7:22 PM

+ AA6YQ comments below

+ I do not want to encourage the use of ADIF files containing every logged QSO for interoperation. If the developer of GridTracker would like to directly interoperate with DXLab, as more than 30 other application developers have done, I'll be happy to provide assistance.

Dave, AA6YQ

Carl - WC4H

Hi Jim.

I'm assuming you're working digital modes on WSJT-X.  If you want to mix in your SSB & CW QSO's, you'll need to do that manually.

If you want GridTracker to use the WSJT-X wsjtx_log.adi file, do the following On the GridTracker Setup under the Logging Tab:
In the first row where the Source/Sync is "GridTracker" chek the Startup Box.
In the next row where the Source/Sync is Local Files(s) check the Startup Box, click on Add and navigate to the WSJT-X file wsjtx_log.adi.

If you want Grid Tracker to Log the QSO to DXKeeper, scroll down the page to the Source/Sync "DXKeeper and check the Log box.

If you're running GridTracker, then don't run JTAlerts.

GridTracker will enter each QSO into DXKeeper and any of the other logs you specify as does JTAlerts.
GirdTracker can also give voice alerts but they are setup differently than in JTAlerts.

NOTE:  If you click on the "Log" Column in the first line, you will get a double entry in the wsjtx_log.adi file (one frorm wsjtx and one from GridTracker)..

If you're going to upload to LoTW, Clublog or eQSL you may want to do that via DXKeeper so that it can keep all the pertinent info for you award tracking.

Carl - WC4H

Jim - KR9U

Carl,

No, I use digital [WSJT-x] as well as CW, SSB.

For digital, I have JTAlert logging to DXK. 

I have Grid Tracker reading a manually exported ADIF file created in DXK that GT reads on startup.

I populate JTAlert’s log from DXK.

Jim – KR9U

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Carl - WC4H via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 2:21 PM

Hi Jim.

I'm assuming you're working digital modes on WSJT-X.  If you want to mix in your SSB & CW QSO's, you'll need to do that manually.

If you want GridTracker to use the WSJT-X wsjtx_log.adi file, do the following On the GridTracker Setup under the Logging Tab:
In the first row where the Source/Sync is "GridTracker" chek the Startup Box.
In the next row where the Source/Sync is Local Files(s) check the Startup Box, click on Add and navigate to the WSJT-X file wsjtx_log.adi.

If you want Grid Tracker to Log the QSO to DXKeeper, scroll down the page to the Source/Sync "DXKeeper and check the Log box.

If you're running GridTracker, then don't run JTAlerts.

GridTracker will enter each QSO into DXKeeper and any of the other logs you specify as does JTAlerts.
GirdTracker can also give voice alerts but they are setup differently than in JTAlerts.

NOTE:  If you click on the "Log" Column in the first line, you will get a double entry in the wsjtx_log.adi file (one frorm wsjtx and one from GridTracker)..

If you're going to upload to LoTW, Clublog or eQSL you may want to do that via DXKeeper so that it can keep all the pertinent info for you award tracking.

Carl - WC4H