Topics

ADIf export

eddy on5jk

-------- Doorgestuurd bericht --------
Onderwerp: ADIf export
Datum: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 17:42:29 +0100
Van: Eddy_on5jk <eddy_on5jk@...>
Aan: DXLab-forum <DXLab@groups.io>

Best wishes again Dave.

For so many years i've been very happy with (in my eyes) de most perfect logging program: DXLab.

I am a hunter forr FF-references, SOTAs, Castle awards etc. I received an award  WWFF-H-8544.

For BCA (Belgian Castles Award) i am Belgian number one in the Ranking. Very fine hobby!

All of the references from some activator, where always put togheter in the "Comment-box" of DXK.

Sometimes 6 different ones. So far so good, i collected a bunch of Awards, the way it used to be.

A time ago  <GMA> came to birth. I thought the idea was not to bad. All the different sites where to get the different awards came as a fusion, mastered by 1 person, on one site: GMA. (Global Mountain activity)

To receive an award, one had to upload part of the log in ADIF. format.

I exported the selected part of my log in <Standard ADIF>. I noticed there are 6 different ADIFs available.

But as a IT-dummy, i don't know what's the difference between them.

Greatest desilution!  All of the references "in the comment field" of DXK are not accepted by GMA.

Now i do not know what to do. Quiting GMA ?

Finaly i got a mail from the boss, that i had to install and learn ""ADIF MASTER"". Then i should replace, delete manualy, rename etc. As a dummy i don't see what he wants me to do. Anyway to complicated for me.

I will send you his final conclusion and instructions to AA6YQ at ambersoft. Hope you can clear it out for me and others

Thanks Dave and the Gang.

Eddy ON5JK

I am a hunter forr FF-references, SOTAs, Castle awards etc. I received an award WWFF-H-8544.

For BCA (Belgian Castles Award) i am Belgian number one in the Ranking. Very fine hobby!

All of the references from some activator, where always put togheter in the "Comment-box" of DXK.

+ The next version of ADIF will include a field for WWFF; when it's approved, I will add a WWFF item to DXKeeper, as I did for SOTA when it was added to ADIF.

+ Until then, you should configure one of DXKeeper's "user-defined items" to record WWFF tags. This Article shows how to do that, using POTA as an example:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/UserAwardProgressreports

A time ago <GMA> came to birth. I thought the idea was not to bad. All the different sites where to get the different awards came as a fusion, mastered by 1 person, on one site: GMA. (Global Mountain activity)

To receive an award, one had to upload part of the log in ADIF. format.

I exported the selected part of my log in <Standard ADIF>. I noticed there are 6 different ADIFs available.

But as a IT-dummy, i don't know what's the difference between them.

+ Those alternatives are described at the beginning of

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Export.htm

+ You should choose "Export standard ADIF",

eddy on5jk

Dave i've been reading and reading again.

You know i spent days and days to put all references in the proper way in my Log. in the <COMMENT>box.

Does this means that i will have to edit all 21K QOs again, one by one? Again several weeks of work!

Now i noticed that more "grid lines" in Capture where not visible on my screen, because i lowered the height of my Capture-window. That i will have to review in order to fit on my screen togheter with SC,DXK, DDXV and SC.

Do we never have to fill-in Comment box again? All references in the apropriated box (or line) ?

Sorry for being a dummy.

EddyON5JK

Op 4/01/2021 om 20:49 schreef Dave AA6YQ:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ Why did you do that?

+ In a case like this, my advice would have been to try submitting one or two QSOs to the award sponsor to be sure that you understand their requirements before modifying 21K QSOs.

Does this means that i will have to edit all 21K QOs again, one by one?

Again several weeks of work!

+ If you're trying to submit QSOs for GMA awards, then you must conform to their requirements. I didn't see anything on their site that suggests placing references in an ADIF COMMENT field would be acceptable, but given the work that you've done, you should ask them to be certain.

eddy on5jk

Dave,

Why did i do that: Two reasons:

1) Because i am a dumbo.

2) I was being informed, that if a notification was not correct as described in models, they would never be accepted.

    (WWFF abFF-1234 / WCA ab-12345 etc.) ab=prefix and 4 (WWFF)or 5 (WCA)digits . With the needed dash.

    also the formats for LH/SOTA etc where explained there.

It was a very great surprise to me, how many errors i made while logging.

    Capitals or not; no dash or something else; Wrong numbering; faulty notes in log; etc.etc.

Just because the discovery of that bunch of errors, i edited the log one by one, manualy.

I know i've been born 50 years to early. Or 50 to late HI.

I will follow-up your coming instructions abt the tab delimited file and the next updates.

Eddy ON5JK

Op 6/01/2021 om 22:33 schreef Dave AA6YQ:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ My guess is that fields used by GMA will be added to the next version of ADIF, after which I will add them to DXKeeper. To avoid more unnecessary rework, I suggest that you wait until then.

eddy on5jk

Dave is there any progress in exporting log to GMA?

Sorry for bothering you again.

Eddy ON5JK

Op 7/01/2021 om 9:53 schreef Dave AA6YQ:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

@ more AA6YQ comments below

Dave is there any progress in exporting log to GMA?

@ No, because a GMA field has not yet been added by ADIF.

@ If you are impatient, you can setup a user-defined item to record GMA information with each QSO. If you do that, you'll have to copy information from your GMA user-defined items to the GMA item after ADIF approves the addition of GMA and I add a GMA item to DXKeeper - but that can be done "en masse" using the "Advanced Sorts, Modifiers, and Filters" window's "Modify QSOs" panel.

Sorry for bothering you again.

@ I have no way of accelerating ADIF's approval and release process.