Topics

A suggested enhancement

Jim Wysocki

Dave, here is a suggested enhancement to DXKeeper for you to consider.

The "Online QSL" section has some blank space immediately to its right.  There is room enough to display the LotW confirmation codes, in much the same way as the QSL Sent and QSL Rcvd definitions are displayed immediately above there.  In this enhancement the LotW code key (for G, M, S, Z, etc.) would disappear if the Online QSL box were unchecked, and then reappear with the display of the eQSL.cc and LotW boxes.  That way they wouldn't show up for anyone who wasn't interested in that information.  But it would be available for reference for those using the LotW display option.

I would call this a routine to low-priority request.

73,  Jim  W9FI

The "Online QSL" section has some blank space immediately to its right. There is room enough to display the LotW confirmation codes, in much the same way as the QSL Sent and QSL Rcvd definitions are displayed immediately above there. In this enhancement the LotW code key (for G, M, S, Z, etc.) would disappear if the Online QSL box were unchecked, and then reappear with the display of the eQSL.cc and LotW boxes. That way they wouldn't show up for anyone who wasn't interested in that information. But it would be available for reference for those using the LotW display option.

I would call this a routine to low-priority request.

+ As you can see in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Items.htm#LotW%20cfm>

+ there are 10 single-character codes that can appear in a QSO's "LoTW Cfm" item.

+ The region to the right of the "Online QSL" panel is not "tall" enough to contain 10 lines of explanation. It's "shorter" than the region to the right of the QSL panel.

Jim Wysocki

On 6/28/2020 12:14 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Yes, I see what you mean.  There's almost, but not enough, available space for all ten descriptions.

73,  Jim  W9FI

Dave AA6YQ

* More AA6YQ comments below

[...]

* The I (for IOTA) was just added in the most recent release; hopefully, there will be more award programs that accept LoTW confirmations in the future.