Topics

A small request

Thomas Adsit

Hi, outstanding logging program, I was wondering if it would be possible to add more modes to real time tracking. such as FT8, FT4, JT modes etc, I noticed in DXCC no RTTY option either, thanks. Tom K8WDX

Hi, outstanding logging program, I was wondering if it would be possible to add more modes to real time tracking. such as FT8, FT4, JT modes etc, I noticed in DXCC no RTTY option either, thanks.

+ The ARRL's DXCC award family recognizes 3 modes: CW, Phone, and Digital. For DXCC, all digital modes -- including RTTY -- are considered to be "Digital". There are no DXCC awards specific to RTTY, FT8, or FT4.

+ When Peter G3PLX first introduced PSK31, I sought to encourage its used by DXers, and so extended DXLab to provide realtime tracking for the objective of confirming all DXCC entities in PSK31. There have been numerous requests to permit substitution of another digital mode of the user's choosing. Providing this capability is not rocket science, but realtime award tracking impacts most functions in DXKeeper, SpotCollector, and DXView - so the project will involve significant effort. It's "on the list", but not imminent.

+ During a meeting at ARRL Headquarters on Friday, I explained that I publicly characterize DXLab development projects as being in one of two states: "imminent" (meaning implemented, tested, documented, and in the hands of one or more users) and "not imminent". Later, as the ARRL's marketing manager was describing a project, she characterized it as "not intimate"; I don't know if this mangling was intentional, but it certainly drew laughter around the table.