Lotw failure to update status of LotW QSOs when DXKeeper claims one QSO is "Already Uploaded"

ART W2NRA

DXKeeper msg:
TQSL Version 2.6.4 [v2.6.4]
Signing using Callsign W2NRA, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Already Uploaded QSO suppressed on line 5
CALL: AA2IL
TIME_ON: 032324
QSO_DATE: 20220614
MODE: CW
BAND: 20M
FREQ: 14.0344
BAND_RX: 20M
FREQ_RX: 14.0344

Signing aborted
No records to upload
Final Status: User Cancelled(1)

I also get a small window with:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No QSOs were uploaded to LoTW
cancelled by user
*
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I didn't cancel anything!
Last time this happened (some time in June 2022) you said it was caused by one QSO whose callsign is blank and the callsign of the QSO after it was used by DXKeeper. I do not know how to find the QSO with the missng callsign.

I wonder why do all of the updated LotW QSLs is cancelled when only one is in error?

73 Art W2NRA

Joe Subich, W4TV

I do not know how to find the QSO with the missng
callsign.
Click the "Broke" button in the filter area at the bottom of
the log page display.

I wonder why do all of the updated LotW QSLs is cancelled when only
one is in error?
Because tQSL will not "sign" a log upload with QSOs that have been
previously uploaded thanks to the lids who continuously upload the
same QSOs (their entire log) regularly and the idiots who upload
their entire logs with a new QTH when they move.

On 2022-08-05 10:57 AM, ART W2NRA via groups.io wrote:
DXKeeper msg:
[...]

Hi Joe,

I clicked that button and it showed NO BROKE QSOs!

Good suggestion anyway. I didn’t know that.

Thank you!

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

On 2022-08-05 10:57 AM, ART W2NRA via groups.io wrote:
DXKeeper msg:
[...]

Earl Needham

Go to the bottom left in DXKeeper and click on "CALL".  This sorts in call order -- so look at the top of the display to see if there is one up there with a blank callsign.

Earl
KD5XB

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 9:24 AM ART W2NRA via groups.io <w2nra=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Joe,

I clicked that button and it showed NO BROKE QSOs!

Good suggestion anyway.  I didn’t know that.

Thank you!

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

> On Aug 5, 2022, at 11:10 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:
>

> > I do not know how to find the QSO with the missng
> > callsign.
>
> Click the "Broke" button in the filter area at the bottom of
> the log page display.
>
>> I wonder why do all of the updated LotW QSLs is cancelled when only
>> one is in error?
> Because tQSL will not "sign" a log upload with QSOs that have been
> previously uploaded thanks to the lids who continuously upload the
> same QSOs (their entire log) regularly and the idiots who upload
> their entire logs with a new QTH when they move.
>
> 73,
>
>   ... Joe, W4TV
>

>> On 2022-08-05 10:57 AM, ART W2NRA via groups.io wrote:
>> DXKeeper msg:
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> TQSL Version 2.6.4 [v2.6.4]
>> Signing using Callsign W2NRA, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
>> Already Uploaded QSO suppressed on line 5
>> CALL: AA2IL
>> TIME_ON: 032324
>> QSO_DATE: 20220614
>> MODE: CW
>> BAND: 20M
>> FREQ: 14.0344
>> BAND_RX: 20M
>> FREQ_RX: 14.0344
>> Signing aborted
>> No records to upload
>> Final Status: User Cancelled(1)
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> I also get a small window with:
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> No QSOs were uploaded to LoTW
>> cancelled by user
>> *
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> I didn't cancel anything!
>> Last time this happened (some time in June 2022) you said it was caused by one QSO whose callsign is blank and the callsign of the QSO after it was used by DXKeeper. I do not know how to find the QSO with the missng callsign.
>> I wonder why do all of the updated LotW QSLs is cancelled when only one is in error?
>> 73 Art W2NRA

DXKeeper msg:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TQSL Version 2.6.4 [v2.6.4]

Signing using Callsign W2NRA, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Already Uploaded QSO suppressed on line 5
CALL: AA2IL
TIME_ON: 032324
QSO_DATE: 20220614
MODE: CW
BAND: 20M
FREQ: 14.0344
BAND_RX: 20M
FREQ_RX: 14.0344

Signing aborted

No records to upload

Final Status: User Cancelled(1)

+ The "DXKeeper msg" above is relayed from TQL, which reports

"Already Uploaded QSO suppressed on line 5"

+ and proceeds to describe the "already-uploaded QSO":

AA2IL on 20m CW on 2022-06-14 at 03:23:24Z

+ The presence of this "already uploaded" QSO caused TQSL to reject all QSOs in the batch that DXKeeper sent it to upload. As Joe W4TV mentioned, this capability was added to TQSL back in 2013 to stop users who were re-submitting their entire logs each time they made a few new QSOs. Doing so reduced the load on the LoTW server by about 50%.

+ Diagnostic step 1: filter the Log Page Display to show all QSOs with AA2IL. Is there more than one copy of your QSO on 20m CW on 2022-06-14 at 03:23:24Z ?

ART W2NRA

Thank you, Ed, but that didn’t work.

One thing I tried is to try one QSO Upload and sometimes that works for that one QSO.  But eventually it stops working.  Even if it did work I still have almost 500 QSOs to upload to LOTW.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

On Aug 5, 2022, at 11:42 AM, Earl Needham <earl.kd5xb@...> wrote:

Go to the bottom left in DXKeeper and click on "CALL".  This sorts in call order -- so look at the top of the display to see if there is one up there with a blank callsign.

Earl
KD5XB

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 9:24 AM ART W2NRA via groups.io <w2nra=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Joe,

I clicked that button and it showed NO BROKE QSOs!

Good suggestion anyway.  I didn’t know that.

Thank you!

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

> On Aug 5, 2022, at 11:10 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:
>

> > I do not know how to find the QSO with the missng
> > callsign.
>
> Click the "Broke" button in the filter area at the bottom of
> the log page display.
>
>> I wonder why do all of the updated LotW QSLs is cancelled when only
>> one is in error?
> Because tQSL will not "sign" a log upload with QSOs that have been
> previously uploaded thanks to the lids who continuously upload the
> same QSOs (their entire log) regularly and the idiots who upload
> their entire logs with a new QTH when they move.
>
> 73,
>
>   ... Joe, W4TV
>

>> On 2022-08-05 10:57 AM, ART W2NRA via groups.io wrote:
>> DXKeeper msg:
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> TQSL Version 2.6.4 [v2.6.4]
>> Signing using Callsign W2NRA, DXCC Entity UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
>> Already Uploaded QSO suppressed on line 5
>> CALL: AA2IL
>> TIME_ON: 032324
>> QSO_DATE: 20220614
>> MODE: CW
>> BAND: 20M
>> FREQ: 14.0344
>> BAND_RX: 20M
>> FREQ_RX: 14.0344
>> Signing aborted
>> No records to upload
>> Final Status: User Cancelled(1)
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> I also get a small window with:
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> No QSOs were uploaded to LoTW
>> cancelled by user
>> *
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> I didn't cancel anything!
>> Last time this happened (some time in June 2022) you said it was caused by one QSO whose callsign is blank and the callsign of the QSO after it was used by DXKeeper. I do not know how to find the QSO with the missng callsign.
>> I wonder why do all of the updated LotW QSLs is cancelled when only one is in error?
>> 73 Art W2NRA

Thank you, Ed, but that didn’t work.

+ If your log contained a QSO with no callsign specified, the BROKE filter would have identified it.

+ The problem is not that you are submitting a QSO with a missing callsign, it's that you are submitting a QSO that has already been submitted. The diagnostic task is to determine why that's happening.

+ The most common cause of this situation? You have one or more duplicate QSOs in your log, possibly from importing a file of QSOs that you had already imported. But let's not jump to conclusions; please filter the Log Page Display to show all QSOs with AA2IL. Is there more than one copy of your QSO on 20m CW on 2022-06-14 at 03:23:24Z ?

ART W2NRA

Hi Dave,

Your wrote:

+ The most common cause of this situation? You have one or more duplicate QSOs in your log, possibly from importing a file of QSOs that you had already imported. But let's not jump to conclusions; please filter the Log Page Display to show all QSOs with AA2IL. Is there more than one copy of your QSO on 20m CW on 2022-06-14 at 03:23:24Z ?

YOU ARE RIGHT! And it is probably multiple duplicate QSOs.
How do I fix that?
Which dups do I delete? Some have been uploaded. Or does it matter if I delete a QSO that has been uploaded and then upload the other QSO again?

Thank you!

73, Art W2NRA CWOPS #1955

Joe Subich, W4TV

See: <www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RemovingDuplicates>

On 2022-08-05 3:52 PM, ART W2NRA via groups.io wrote:
Hi Dave,
Your wrote:

+ The most common cause of this situation? You have one or more duplicate QSOs in your log, possibly from importing a file of QSOs that you had already imported. But let's not jump to conclusions; please filter the Log Page Display to show all QSOs with AA2IL. Is there more than one copy of your QSO on 20m CW on 2022-06-14 at 03:23:24Z ?
YOU ARE RIGHT! And it is probably multiple duplicate QSOs.
How do I fix that?
Which dups do I delete? Some have been uploaded. Or does it matter if I delete a QSO that has been uploaded and then upload the other QSO again?
Thank you!
73, Art W2NRA CWOPS #1955

Dave AA6YQ

# more AA6YQ comments below

+ The most common cause of this situation? You have one or more duplicate QSOs in your log, possibly from importing a file of QSOs that you had already imported. But let's not jump to conclusions; please filter the Log Page Display to show all QSOs with AA2IL. Is there more than one copy of your QSO on 20m CW on 2022-06-14 at 03:23:24Z ?

YOU ARE RIGHT! And it is probably multiple duplicate QSOs.

How do I fix that?

# DXKeeper provides the ability to automatically identify duplicate QSOs so that you can subsequently delete them, but the time required is proportional to the square of the number of QSOs in your log: each QSO must be checked against every other QSO. Thus I suggest initiating the duplicate detection process before you retire for the evening.

# A. To identify and delete the duplicate QSOs, execute steps 1-5 of this procedure:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RemovingDuplicates

# Don't skip step 2 !

# B. Filter the Log Page Display with the SQL expression

APP_DXKEEPER_LOTW_QSL_Sent <> 'Y'

# The Log Page Display will now contain QSOs that from DXKeeper's perspective have not been submitted to (and accepted by) LoTW. However, their (now deleted) duplicates may have been submitted.

# C. On the Main window's QSL tab, set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW, and click the "Update from LoTW" button. This will update each of the QSO to reflect their LoTW acceptance. A QSO whose now-deleted duplicate was submitted to LoTW will marked as "accepted by LoTW". Note that the "Update from LoTW" function is accomplished one QSO at a time, and so can take awhile

# D. On the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, click the Filter panel's X button so that all QSOs are present in the Log Page Display

# E. On the Main window's QSL tab, click the "Add Requested" button; if the QSL Queue is populated with one or more QSOs, these haven't been submitted to (and accepted by) LoTW, so click the "Upload to LoTW" button; TQSL should not object to any of these QSOs as "already submitted".

ART W2NRA

Thank you, Dave. I’ve got it started.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

On Aug 5, 2022, at 4:36 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

# more AA6YQ comments below

[...]

That worked great! All 74,492 QSOs since 1979 are still there and so are my 36,916 CWOPS QSOs.

FTR I get lost in the DXLab wiki. I have to keep reading it over and over. Not your fault. Everything is in it’s place.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

On Aug 5, 2022, at 5:01 PM, ART W2NRA via groups.io <w2nra@...> wrote:

[...]

+ Good! How many duplicates were removed?
FTR I get lost in the DXLab wiki. I have to keep reading it over and over.

+ If you come across a section that you find difficult to understand, please point it out so that I can improve it.

ART W2NRA

Hi Dave,

I had 157 dupes.  I take the CWOPS CWT contest QSOs, convert them to ADIF files, add the data in the right field to import to the DXKeeper adif file.  From there it’s easy to add data from the contest program and upload that data to DXKeeper.  I must have created one contest twice by mistake.  That’s a first in 5 years.  I also verify the total QSOs every week or two.  And since DXKeeper QSOs matched the number CWOPS QSOs I though everything was fine.

I’m curious, why doesn’t DXKeeper stop the duplicate QSOs when imported?

There’s nothing difficult about the DXKeeper wiki.  It’s just so much to look thru, so I wind up reading sections over and over, loosing my place, going back, forgetting what I read and where I read it.  It’s me, not you.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

On Aug 5, 2022, at 7:33 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
That worked great! All 74,492 QSOs since 1979 are still there and so are my 36,916 CWOPS QSOs.
+ Good! How many duplicates were removed?
FTR I get lost in the DXLab wiki. I have to keep reading it over and over.

+ If you come across a section that you find difficult to understand, please point it out so that I can improve it.

I had 157 dupes. I take the CWOPS CWT contest QSOs, convert them to ADIF files, add the data in the right field to import to the DXKeeper adif file. From there it’s easy to add data from the contest program and upload that data to DXKeeper. I must have created one contest twice by mistake. That’s a first in 5 years. I also verify the total QSOs every week or two. And since DXKeeper QSOs matched the number CWOPS QSOs I though everything was fine.

I’m curious, why doesn’t DXKeeper stop the duplicate QSOs when imported?

+ DXKeeper will do so if you enable "Check duplicates on import" in the "Duplicate checking" panel on the Main window's "Import QSOs" tab. This is an option because duplicate checking greatly reduces the rate at which QSOs are imported, because each imported QSO must be checked against every QSO in your log. Duplicate checking should only be enabled if there's a possibility that the ADIF or tab-delimited file you are directing DXKeeper to import may contain QSOs already present in your log; most of the time, this is unnecessary.

dxradio33

Art, as a side note, if you are using N1MM+ to log the CWT you can also use N1MM DXKeeper Gateway to automatically log each CWT QSO as you work them.  I use this feature all the time and it eliminates me having to export the CWT file to ADIF and the subsequent import of said file into DXKeeper.

73’s

Joe, K8FC

[...]

Thank you, Joe, it sounds good.  I found where the Gateway can be downloaded.  I’ll look into it.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS OPS #1955

[...]

I forgot to thank you. Thank you Dupe info.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955