Transmit Power Different than Default

florida randy

I am a new user of DX labs. When I change the RF power on my Yaesu FT 991A , and complete a QSO, the power recorded when the completed QSO Is sent to DX keeper the recorded power remains at the default level for the band, rather than the actual power output from the transmitter. How can I get the correct transmit power based on the RF power setting in the radio, and not a default setting for the band or mode?

Thanks

I am a new user of DX labs.

When I change the RF power on my Yaesu FT 991A , and complete a QSO, the power recorded when the completed QSO Is sent to DX keeper the recorded power remains at the default level for the band, rather than the actual power output from the transmitter. How can I get the correct transmit power based on the RF power setting in the radio, and not a default setting for the band or mode?

+ Commander can display your FT 991A's RF Output Power while transmitting, but conveying it to DXKeeper for recording with a QSO is not currently supported. Note that the reported value would be irrelevant to users who employ an amplifier.

Gilbert Baron W0MN

You could allow a multiplier for amp users. Of course there would need to be a way to know if amp was in use. I would like this as I often have logged  the wrong power. Probably not a high priority item though. 😊

Outlook LT Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

When I change the RF power on my Yaesu FT 991A , and complete a QSO, the power recorded when the completed QSO Is sent to DX keeper the recorded power remains at the default level for the band, rather than the actual power output from the transmitter. How can I get the correct transmit power based on the RF power setting in the radio, and not a default setting for the band or mode?

+ Commander can display your FT 991A's RF Output Power while transmitting, but conveying it to DXKeeper for recording with a QSO is not currently supported. Note that the reported value would be irrelevant to users who employ an amplifier.

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

florida randy

Dave, thanks for the reply but let this be my official request for a future update.

2nd question, however, I see no way too update the QSO power (the default) reported to DCKeeper after it’s automatically sent from WSJTX. Seems like there should be a way to edit all fields of a recorded Qso.   There’s an edit button but it doesn’t allow me to change the power recorded.

There’s an edit button but it doesn’t allow me to change the power recorded.

Thanks

Randy N4TDT

neil_zampella

You do have the option to edit anything that's being sent to DXKeeper from WSJT-X if you have the "Log QSO" panel appearing from WSJT-X.  You can then edit power, time, etc, before you click on the OK button.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 7/31/2022 3:32 PM, florida randy wrote:

Dave, thanks for the reply but let this be my official request for a future update.

2nd question, however, I see no way too update the QSO power (the default) reported to DCKeeper after it’s automatically sent from WSJTX. Seems like there should be a way to edit all fields of a recorded Qso.   There’s an edit button but it doesn’t allow me to change the power recorded.

There’s an edit button but it doesn’t allow me to change the power recorded.

Thanks

Randy N4TDT

Dave AA6YQ

Dave, thanks for the reply but let this be my official request for a future update.

+ That's Enhancement # 1742 in the DXKeeper Enhancement log:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/enhancements.htm

+ It was first submitted back in 2013. There have been very few requests for it since then.

+ Note that the first set of enhancements list in this log have been implemented; those that remain unimplemented are listed after those that have been implemented. Search for 1742 and you'll find it.

2nd question, however, I see no way too update the QSO power (the default) reported to DCKeeper after it’s automatically sent from WSJTX. Seems like there should be a way to edit all fields of a recorded Qso. There’s an edit button but it doesn’t allow me to change the power recorded.

+ The Edit button is present because you have the "Require Edit to modify logged QSOs" option enabled in the Main Log QSOs" options panel on the Configuration window's General tab.

+ The Main window's "Log QSOs" tab provides access to every item logged with a QSO. The Power item is located in the lower left corner of the QSO panel at the top of the tab.

+ To change the power logged with a QSO

1. select that QSO in the Log Page Display

2. click the Edit button above the Log Page Display (because you have the "Require Edit to modify logged QSOs" option enabled)

3. modify the power item

4. click the Save button just above the Log Page Display, on the left.

+ You can also modify the power items in a group of QSOs "en masse". See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOModifying