73
Kent
N6WT

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 12:02 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below:
I am looking at DXView and have clicked on a spot for AG7GP. She is in the Pacific time zone, just as I am.  The time zone shown in the DXView window is UTC-8, so the time is 1 hour less than the correct time. I assume this does not take into account for daylight savings. Is there a way to change it for this, either automatically or manually?

I may have asked this before. Sorry in advance!

+ Time zone boundaries are irregular, and thus cannot always be precisely determined from a callsign. The information provided is sufficiently accurate for DXing purposes.

+ In DXView, you can specify an Override for a callsign that includes a precise time zone offset. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CreateEntityOverride

+ AA6YQ comments below:
I am looking at DXView and have clicked on a spot for AG7GP. She is in the Pacific time zone, just as I am.  The time zone shown in the DXView window is UTC-8, so the time is 1 hour less than the correct time. I assume this does not take into account for daylight savings. Is there a way to change it for this, either automatically or manually?

I may have asked this before. Sorry in advance!

+ Time zone boundaries are irregular, and thus cannot always be precisely determined from a callsign. The information provided is sufficiently accurate for DXing purposes.

+ In DXView, you can specify an Override for a callsign that includes a precise time zone offset. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CreateEntityOverride

Kent N6WT

I am looking at DXView and have clicked on a spot for AG7GP. She is in the Pacific time zone, just as I am.  The time zone shown in the DXView window is UTC-8, so the time is 1 hour less than the correct time. I assume this does not take into account for daylight savings. Is there a way to change it for this, either automatically or manually?

I may have asked this before. Sorry in advance!

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT