Are you loading a workspace at startup? If so, update that workspace
before closing but *after* you have recreated all of your user defined
controls.

On 2022-07-05 11:39 AM, nk4l wrote:
Good morning, just upgrade Commander to 15.4.4 and all my User defined controls are gone so I re-due them but every time I shot down and turn it back on what I did disappears again?, any thought and how to save it.
Thanks. Jose NK4L
--
jose gonzalez

nk4l

hello Joe no it was not happening before now I set up up all my preferences and when I close and re-open the define controls are gone but the sliders are ok.

--
jose gonzalez

nk4l

Thanks Joe 73

--
jose gonzalez

--
jose gonzalez

Are you loading a workspace at startup? If so, update that workspace
before closing but *after* you have recreated all of your user defined
controls.
+ User-defined controls are stored in files, so it should only be necessary to restore each "lost" control by reloading it from the appropriate file. Then terminate Commander and update your Workspace with your Commander settings, as Joe W4TV has suggested.

nk4l

Got it thanks to all...Jose NK4L

On Tuesday, July 5, 2022 at 05:07:33 PM EDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
Are you loading a workspace at startup? If so, update that workspace
before closing but *after* you have recreated all of your user defined
controls.
+ User-defined controls are stored in files, so it should only be necessary to restore each "lost" control by reloading it from the appropriate file. Then terminate Commander and update your Workspace with your Commander settings, as Joe W4TV has suggested.

jose gonzalez

d_ziolkowski

Dave-
I had the same issue when I upgraded Commander to 15.4.4. After the update, a control sequences file did load, but it was not the same control sequences that were present before the update.
The file that loaded was saved under Multiradio/user-defined control sets, radio 1. The file itself was in Commander/control sets.

 I searched for the proper file, but could not find one, could it have been deleted? I looked at backups I have and found none. I then took Commander back  a version and all was back to the proper sequences.

I reviewed all the documentation, but I did not find a solution. One question I had was if a control set file was needed if only one radio was set up, I could not find an answer. In the past I had 2 radios set up, now only only, an FT450.

Then I updated again, commander 15.4.4 still opened with the wrong sequences. Finally I did a workspace restore and the proper sequences were there. But I still can't find the proper control sequence file. If there is a file of the sequences I cannot locate it. I believe it should be under Commander/control sets.

I might add this has never happened before when I upgraded Commander, all sequences loaded without issue.

So it seems like they are saved in the registry?

All is good now, but I do want to create a proper control sequences file, hope to get to it in a few days.
This did happen a couple weeks ago, hopefully I recreated the sequence of events faithfully.

Thanks Dan KC2STA

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 5:07 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
Are you loading a workspace at startup? If so, update that workspace
before closing but *after* you have recreated all of your user defined
controls.
+ User-defined controls are stored in files, so it should only be necessary to restore each "lost" control by reloading it from the appropriate file. Then terminate Commander and update your Workspace with your Commander settings, as Joe W4TV has suggested.

Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T
Ubuntu LINUX

[...]

+ Each control sequence is stored in a file.

+ If you are controlling a single primary transceiver, Commander uses the Windows Registry to remember the filename associated with each control sequence.

+ A Commander update provides a new executable file. The update process cannot not alter the Windows Registry.

+ If you are controlling multiple primary transceivers, the "User-defined Control Sets" panel on the Configuration window's Multi-Radio tab lets you specify a "User-defined Control Set" for each Radio. A "User-defined Control Set" is a file that specifies the pathname of each user-defined control sequence and slider to be used when the radio associated with that User-defined Control Set is selected.

+ The reference documentation for user-defined control sets is here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/ControllingMultipleRadios.htm

+ with task-oriented documentation here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SetupUserDefinedControlSet

+ The file in which a user-defined control set is saved can be viewed with a text editor, but should only be modified via Commander.

d_ziolkowski

Dave-
So as I thought, the single radio control sequences are stored in the registry.

thanks for the info

Dan KC2STA

+ AA6YQ comments below