How do I upload my Cabrillo contest log to DXKeeper

Joe Subich, W4TV

ADIF Master <https://www.dxshell.com/adif-master.html> is
optimized for editing ADIF files. It will allow you to cut/export
QSOs to another file for importing to DXLab.

It's probably easier to use than working with the "raw" WSJTX log
in Notepad ...

On 2022-06-26 7:51 PM, Tim Hollembaek wrote:
Dave,
Tnx for the reply. What is the procedure to use to copy the relevant files
from my .adi file and then upload them into LOTW via DXKeeper? I am aware
that I don’t want to upload all the files going back to the end of time.
Thanks.
On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 4:09 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

If you open WSJT-X and click on "File" then click "Open log directory".
There should be a file "wsjtx_log.adi". You should be able to import that
file into DXKeeper. Be sure to backup your logbook first.

+ Unless it's been edited, that file contains all QSOs ever logged via
WSJT-X. Importing in to DXKeeper could result in lots of duplicate QSOs
being imported.

Tnx for the reply. What is the procedure to use to copy the relevant files from my .adi file and then upload them into LOTW via DXKeeper? I am aware that I don’t want to upload all the files going back to the end of time.

+ The QSO recordss in the file generated by WSJTX will be in chronological order. Make a copy of this file, open the copy in a text editor, and locate the first QSO record from the contest by examining each record's QSO_DATE and TIME_ON fields, which will look like this:

<QSO_DATE:8>YYYYMMDD

+ and this:

<TIME_ON:6>HHMMSS

+ When you find the first contest record, delete all of the preceding QSO records. If QSOs were made after the contest ended, delete those records as well. Save you changes, and then direct DXKeeper to import the file you've been editing.

Tim Hollembaek

Dave,

Tnx for the reply. What is the procedure to use to copy the relevant files from my .adi file and then upload them into LOTW via DXKeeper? I am aware that I don’t want to upload all the files going back to the end of time.

Thanks.

On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 4:09 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
If you open WSJT-X and click on "File" then click "Open log directory". There should be a file "wsjtx_log.adi". You should be able to import that file into DXKeeper. Be sure to backup your logbook first.

+ Unless it's been edited, that file contains all QSOs ever logged via WSJT-X. Importing in to DXKeeper could result in lots of duplicate QSOs being imported.

Tim E. Hollembaek

If you open WSJT-X and click on "File" then click "Open log directory". There should be a file "wsjtx_log.adi". You should be able to import that file into DXKeeper. Be sure to backup your logbook first.

+ Unless it's been edited, that file contains all QSOs ever logged via WSJT-X. Importing in to DXKeeper could result in lots of duplicate QSOs being imported.

Kent N6WT

Tim

If you open WSJT-X and click on "File" then click "Open log directory". There should be a file "wsjtx_log.adi". You should be able to import that file into DXKeeper. Be sure to backup your logbook first.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 3:39 PM Tim Hollembaek <rimrocktim@...> wrote:
I worked Field Day this year and didn’t take the time to figure out how to log my contacts simultaneously to DXKeeper and to my Cabrillo file in WSJT-X.

How do I go about uploading my contacts into DXKeeper and then to LOTW?

KG7CL

Gilbert Baron W0MN

EXPORT the adi file and import to DxKeeper.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Joe Subich, W4TV

What contest logger did you use? Most have the ability to
export an ADIF file - create that file and import *IT* to
DXKeeper (Import QSOs tab).

Cabrillo is a bastard file format not suitable for import
by DXKeeper (it looses too much data).