Netserv Retry ?

I have a Node red flow connected to Commander Netserv UDP12061, however after some time the connection fails with an invalid udp address/port popup at Commander. Click ok and remake the entry active, restores the working state. Is it possible to have a auto retry function on fail at defined interval please ?

+ Let's first understand the problem's root cause before we start considering solutions. Why is Commander reporting an invalid UDP address/port?

The connection works across the lan, and is not localhost.
Occassionly the network connection is lost for a short period and then auto restored by the router.

+ Thanks. Why is the connection being lost? Why is the error message "invalid udp address/port" rather than "connection lost"?

# more AA6YQ comments below
"+ Thanks. Why is the connection being lost? Why is the error message "invalid udp address/port" rather than "connection lost"?"

I know that the node red setting remains unique & constant on client IP ;

adrian@debian:~$ sudo netstat -tulpn | grep 12061
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:12061           0.0.0.0:*
    142209/node-red

setting ;

When popup is oked to close, and netserv udp entry remade active it works again for many hours.

# My questions remain unanswered.

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

Dave, Is there a shell cmd available for the Netserv broadcast restart button function  ?

73

Adrian Fewster

Dave, Is there a shell cmd available for the Netserv broadcast restart button function ?

+ No.

+ I sent you a new version of Commander with instrumentation to determine why the connection is dropping. Have you received it?

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

Edited

Dave, Update, yes received, I found your email  in spam folder  .
Thankyou

73

Adrian Fewster

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

Dave, I mailed an error log form Commander folder where the various version Commander exe's live ,
and later looked at the log to see it did not show verbose for the latest 15.3.7 that I am ruuning, that you sent.

So I deleted the error log , and restarted Commander, rechecked netserv udp active, observed working ,
and later when failed again, no error log is being generated for me to send to you ?

73

Adrian Fewster

Dave, I mailed an error log form Commander folder where the various version Commander exe's live , and later looked at the log to see it did not show verbose for the latest 15.3.7 that I am ruuning, that you sent.

So I deleted the error log , and restarted Commander, rechecked netserv udp active, observed working , and later when failed again, no error log is being generated for me to send to you ?

+ If that's the case, then the loss of connectivity was not reported to Commander.

+ UDP is a "fire and forget" protocol; there is no guarantee that messages will be delivered.