Launcher slow start

I too am knee-deep in this issue too. Only for me, I was able to determine that OneDrive and DropBox are culprits - DropBox in particular: Launcher and then DXV and SC that it auto-starts take _minutes_ to complete - >6 minutes. Turn those too file uploading services off and it's lickity split.

This is puzzling because I've been using DropBox and OneDrive for many years. In fact, I have an automated procedure that backs my DXLab logs and other settings to a folder in OneDrive. Works great. But something has changed and it's affected DXLab.

Clearly not your problem Dave - I am investigating and will share my findings.

+ Thanks, Brian!

+ Take a look at memory consumption: use the Windows Task Manager, and sort in decreasing order of memory usage.

      Dave

Brian Smithson

I too am knee-deep in this issue too. Only for me, I was able to determine that OneDrive and DropBox are culprits - DropBox in particular: Launcher and then DXV and SC that it auto-starts take _minutes_ to complete - >6 minutes. Turn those too file uploading services off and it's lickity split.

This is puzzling because I've been using DropBox and OneDrive for many years. In fact, I have an automated procedure that backs my DXLab logs and other settings to a folder in OneDrive. Works great. But something has changed and it's affected DXLab.

Clearly not your problem Dave - I am investigating and will share my findings.

73

-Brian n8wrl

I am seeing same issue here with current version of DXlabs different AntiVirus Windows 10

+ Please reboot Windows into "Safe mode with networking", and then start the Launcher. Is there any change in performance?

George Steube

Sorry I hit the wrong button before I finished this email!

Dave,
I have been having a slow start problem with the DxLauncher window for many months now and so far all my attempts to solve the problem have failed. Running Launcher 2.1.7.  The Launcher windows takes over a minute to appear and sometimes doesn't remember the screen location.  If I start in safe mode with networking it starts and appears immediately.  There are no error logs in DXLauncher. Windows Defender is the only antivirus on the machine.  Also I use DropBox to backup my database and workspaces.

I have used the DXLabs wiki to try and isolate the problem but nothing has worked.  Have done the following:

Updated Windows Defender and virus protection

Turned off all apps in the startup tab

Made sure DxLauncher.exe is listed as a safe application

Additional suggestion would be appreciated.

73, George
W2GS