LoTW Question

K2CIB John

I am cleaning up my 26K+ database.  I ran all the options in Check Progress and cleaned up a lot of Q's.  Most of my band-mode slots are V's now, but I have about 400 QSOs from 1982 to 2017 which are tagged as LoTW Rcvd "S" which says that they are confirmed and I submitted them to LoTW for possible credit.    I am careful and do not submit QSOs which do not count.  Would it be the right thing to do to set them all of them back to "Y" or to "V"?

I am cleaning up my 26K+ database.  I ran all the options in Check Progress and cleaned up a lot of Q's.  Most of my band-mode slots are V's now, but I have about 400 QSOs from 1982 to 2017 which are tagged as LoTW Rcvd "S" which says that they are confirmed and I submitted them to LoTW for possible credit.    I am careful and do not submit QSOs which do not count.  Would it be the right thing to do to set them all of them back to "Y" or to "V"?

+ As a next step, I suggest that you invoke this function:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/IdentifyDXCCCreditDiscrepancies

W0MU

The DX Desk does make mistakes too and credits the wrong entity etc.  Those can usally be solved with an email.

W0MU

On 5/6/2022 11:06 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
I am cleaning up my 26K+ database.  I ran all the options in Check Progress and cleaned up a lot of Q's.  Most of my band-mode slots are V's now, but I have about 400 QSOs from 1982 to 2017 which are tagged as LoTW Rcvd "S" which says that they are confirmed and I submitted them to LoTW for possible credit.    I am careful and do not submit QSOs which do not count.  Would it be the right thing to do to set them all of them back to "Y" or to "V"?

+ As a next step, I suggest that you invoke this function:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/IdentifyDXCCCreditDiscrepancies

K2CIB John

I only have one like that - a credit for one band-mode combo for which I do not have a QSO in my log.  Otherwise, after a lot of scrubbing, they agree.  I found 155 QSL cards to submit but need to take care of the existing 400 "S"s first.  I waffle as to changing them to "Y" or "V".  They are in LoTW but I can't tell which ones were applied for credit or not.

K2CIB John

Thanks, Dave, good idea.  I cleaned all of them up.  But, still have about 400 "S"s to modify before I do the next submission.  "Y" or "V" - They are all in LoTW but I can't tell which ones were used for credit or not.

Thanks, Dave, good idea. I cleaned all of them up. But, still have about 400 "S"s to modify before I do the next submission. "Y" or "V" - They are all in LoTW but I can't tell which ones were used for credit or not.

+ A QSO whose QSL_Rcvd or LoTW_QSL_Rcvd items are set to 'S' is considered "confirmed".

+ If you invoked the "DXCC Compare" function and have eliminated all discrepancies, then none of those 400 QSOs with 'S' have been granted DXCC award credit -- so you should change them all to 'Y'.

+ I assume that you're familiar with using the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's "Modify QSOs" panel to do this en masse; be sure to backup your log first!

K2CIB John

Thank you.  I did look at about ten records in LoTW and none of the "S" records had received credit.  I backed up the records concerned and modified those back to "Y" before creating a new submittal.  The db is looking good.  I was a programmer in a previous lifetime and used SQL extensively.

w0rx - David Willis

I am in a similar situation and followed the link  below.  On trying to acquire my DXCC account number I got pretty much the expression as noted:

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotwuser/awardaccount?awardaccountcmd=status&awg_id=DXCC&ac_acct=n&bingo=1#list

The only difference in the expression:  as_acct=1&bingo=1#list

This is from the URL that shows when I hover over "View Award Credit Matrix"

I don't believe my account can be number 1??

Or can it:

vy 73, Dave, w0rx

On 5/7/2022 12:06 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
[...]

+ Yes, it can.

w0rx - David Willis

I am a new user.  Over the last several weeks I have loaded all my QSO data into DXKeeper.  It shows 41315 QSOs (from 1965 to present, three different calls + some with modifiers like /p).  I think the log is pretty accurate although it was generated via several sources, primarily DxBase.  I have uploaded all these Qs to LOTW over the years, however, LOTW shows 41148 QSOs.

I did the "Sync LotW QSOs" and "Sync LoTW QSLs"  and have also uploaded new QSOs successfully from DXKeeper.  Also have successfully set up WSJT with JTAlert using Commander and WSJT properly logs into DXKeeper.  All functionality seems great!  DXLab integrates all my normal operating practices.  I run two rigs, A Flex 6400M and an ICOM 7610 which are selectable via Commander.  Just excellent! Spotcollector runs great off CC user which handles my filtering.

My main problem left to resolve is to harmonize all the LOTW/Card QSLs with DXLab.  I ran the "Compare" routine and it returned 826 discrepancies!  I had 300 entities confirmed in DXCC before LOTW came into being and I suspect that many of these might stem from all the cards I have submitted over the years.

I am not sure just where to start with this process as I have already run the "Sync" with LOTW QSOs and QSLs.  What would you suggest?  I have no idea why I have 161 more QSOs in my log than show on LoTW.

vy 73, Dave, w0rx

On 5/7/2022 9:56 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
I am in a similar situation and followed the link  below.  On trying to acquire my DXCC account number I got pretty much the expression as noted:

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotwuser/awardaccount?awardaccountcmd=status&awg_id=DXCC&ac_acct=n&bingo=1#list

The only difference in the expression:  as_acct=1&bingo=1#list

This is from the URL that shows when I hover over "View Award Credit Matrix"

I don't believe my account can be number 1??
+ Yes, it can.

I am a new user.

+ Welcome to DXLab, Dave!

Over the last several weeks I have loaded all my QSO data into DXKeeper. It shows 41315 QSOs (from 1965 to present, three different calls + some with modifiers like /p). I think the log is pretty accurate although it was generated via several sources, primarily DxBase. I have uploaded all these Qs to LOTW over the years, however, LOTW shows 41148 QSOs.

+ Filter your Log Page Display with the expression

APP_DXKEEPER_LOTW_QSL_SENT <> 'Y'

+ This will identify all QSOs not marked as "submitted to LoTW". You can populate the QSL Queue with these by on the Main window's QSL tab by setting the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW, and then click the "Add All" button. If all of these QSOs were made using the same "Station Callsign" from the same "Station Location", configure the TQSL panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab accordingly, and then click the "Upload to LoTW" button on the Main window's LoTW tab.

+ If all of the QSOs in the QSL Queue were not made using the same "Station Callsign" and from the same "Station Location", then you'll have to clear the QSL Queue, and populate/upload in sections. For example,

(APP_DXKEEPER_LOTW_QSL_SENT <> 'Y') and (STATION_CALLSIGN='W0RX') and (MyQTHID='Pennington')

+ See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWMultipleCallsignsLocations

[...]

+ Step 1 is to ensure that every QSO in your log has been submitted to LoTW, as described above.

+ Then invoke the "DXCC Compare" function. Pick one of the discrepancies that it reports, and drill down to understand the root cause; likely that will shed light on the other discrepancies. If you need help with his, don't hesitate to ask here.

w0rx - David Willis

I filtered my log as you suggested and found 300+ QSOs that were not submitted to LoTW for some reason. I actually had to apply for a couple callsign certs to tidy things up.  Now the search expression brings up no more QSOs.

I ran the DXCC compare routine and still it shows 826 discrepancies.  No change from before I made sure everything was uploaded.  There are no callsigns on the discrepancy list, but all except a handful (10-20) show "C" for the log status and "V" for ARRL status.  I assume the "V" means ARRL verified the QSO from a physical card I submitted and that this card is not recorded in my log.  Is this a correct assumption? And if so how would I correct it.  Trying to find each of those 826 QSOs would  be.....!

I now show 41475 QSOs on LoTW but 41310 QSOs in my log.  I suspect there are QSOs on LoTW where I changed some incorrect information and resubmitted, but would not have guessed more than 20 or 30.  I don't suppose there's an easy way to check this?

Thanks and vy 73, Dave, w0rx

On 5/9/2022 8:33 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
I am a new user.

+ Welcome to DXLab, Dave!

[...]

+ Submitting QSOs to LoTW does not generate new DXCC Award Credits, so the number of "DXCC Award Credit" discrepancies would not be expected to change.

There are no callsigns on the discrepancy list, but all except a handful (10-20) show "C" for the log status and "V" for ARRL status. I assume the "V" means ARRL verified the QSO from a physical card I submitted and that this card is not recorded in my log. Is this a correct assumption?

+ It means that the logged QSO's "QSL Rcvd" item or "LoTW QSL Rcvd" item is not set to 'V', meaning "DXCC Award Credit Granted".

And if so how would I correct it. Trying to find each of those 826 QSOs would be.....!

+ DXKeeper can update your logged QSOs to reflect "DXCC Award Credit Granted". For LoTW confirmations that were granted DXCC Award Credit, expect 100% automation. For QSL Card confirmations that were granted DXCC Award Credit, expect that ~25% will require manual intervention due to shortcuts taken and data entry errors made by the ARRL's DXCC desk. The process is described here, step-by-step:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ManageDXCCCredits

I now show 41475 QSOs on LoTW but 41310 QSOs in my log. I suspect there are QSOs on LoTW where I changed some incorrect information and resubmitted, but would not have guessed more than 20 or 30. I don't suppose there's an easy way to check this?

+ There is no way to access those 165 "zombie QSOs" in your LoTW account. What matters is that the "LoTW QSL Sent" items of every QSO in your log are set to 'Y', meaning that every logged QSO has been submitted to LoTW, and accepted by LoTW.

w0rx - David Willis

After making sure all my log QSOs had been uploaded to LOTW I invoked the DXCC Compare function.  I had somewhat over 1000 discrepancies reported.  I ran through several functions on the DXCC Credits Granted page, Analyze, Autolink. Then I started going through the credits manually linking QSOs to the credits.  Over the last few weeks I have whittled down the discrepancies to around 600.  80% of these, at least, are incorrect dates input by the DXCC desk back in the day.  99% of the time I don't care which QSO belongs with which credit.  These things are all over 25 years old.  I am just trying to find enough QSOs that will match up OK with the credits.  Where I am running into an issue is where one QSO belongs to more than one credit.  I have 6Y5MJ credited for 6Y  back in 1964 and then the same QSO was submitted for 6Y for 40 meter credit at a later date.  I have not figured out how to link one QSO in the log to two different credits.

These were essentially all confirmed via QSL cards, but the QSOs have all been uploaded to LOTW.  Isn't there a way to use one (LOTW) to fix the other (DXCC Credits) without going through each credit individually.  I have 2620 credits granted but still have 600 to find QSOs for.

Thanks! and vy 73, Dave, w0rx

On 5/11/2022 3:27 PM, w0rx - David Willis wrote:
[...]

In partial answer to my own second question, I guess LOTW would be of no use since these were card cfms.  And old.  Probably not many of them on LOTW anyway.  But I would be happy just doing an automatch with my own log.  I have the credits.  I'm just trying to be able to track them properly going forward.
vy 73, Dave, w0rx

On 5/30/2022 4:52 PM, w0rx - David Willis wrote:
[...]

+ Link the QSO to one of the two credits. So long as the QSO's "QSL Rcvd" item is set to 'V', there will be no discrepancies.

These were essentially all confirmed via QSL cards, but the QSOs have all been uploaded to LOTW. Isn't there a way to use one (LOTW) to fix the other (DXCC Credits) without going through each credit individually.

+ Submitting the QSOs to LoTW will get those QSOs marked "confirmed" if your QSO partners also submitted those QSOs to LoTW, but will not mark them as "DXCC credit granted".