Trying to Upgrade Commander

John Merrill N1JM

Edited

It wants a distribution site but none to select.

73, John N1JM

It wants a distribution site but none to select.

+ That means the Launcher's Sites folder is empty. When you first installed the Launcher, this folder was populated with two files:

DXLabSuite.txt
Ambersoft.txt

+ Did you delete these files?

+ You can obtain a zip archive containing those two files from

www.dxlabsuite.com/Launcher/Sites.zip

+ Extract the two files from this archive into the Launcher's Sites folder, and then restart the Launcher.  If this doesn't get you going, please let me know.

John Merrill N1JM

Edited

Thanks, Dave.
I reinstalled the launcher and that cured it.

73, John N1JM

John Merrill N1JM

I also noticed now that on my Win 10 and 11 PC it says the file cannot be downloaded securely but you can do a "keep anyway".
Just curios.

73, John N1JM

I reinstalled the launcher and that cured it.

+ In general, uninstalling and re-installing a DXLab application can do more harm than good, as Windows can become confused. In this case, you were missing 2 text files that could have been obtained via the URL I posted here.

+ Do you understand why those two files disappeared?

I also noticed now that on my Win 10 and 11 PC it says the file cannot be downloaded securely but you can do a "keep anyway".
Just curios.

+ Some web browsers consider anything not using HTTPS to be insecure.

John Merrill N1JM

Ok, I'll be more careful about reinstalling DXlabs apps in the future. I got your response after I did the reinstall.
Have no idea why they disappeared. No changes on the PC other that OS upgrades. Have done DXlab upgrades in the recent past with no problems.

73, John N1JM