Simple SSB & CW logging with DXKeeper?

Because of hearing problems, I spend 99% of my time on FT8/FT4.  Using WSJT-X and JTAlert, logging is lightning fast.  But on SSB/CW, so far I have only managed to log manually using the "New" and "Log" menu items in DXKeeper, which is very slow and tedious.  Is there a simpler way than this?

Thanks, Bill  AA4M

Bill Pence

Have you tried the capture window?
(Button is left of "config" on dxkeeper log screen. It opens a "streamlined for real time entry" window...

More info here:

This is how I enter ssb qso into log...

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022, 8:18 AM Bill - AA4M <MrBill@...> wrote:
Because of hearing problems, I spend 99% of my time on FT8/FT4.  Using WSJT-X and JTAlert, logging is lightning fast.  But on SSB/CW, so far I have only managed to log manually using the "New" and "Log" menu items in DXKeeper, which is very slow and tedious.  Is there a simpler way than this?

Thanks, Bill  AA4M

Robie - AJ4F

Bill,

I use WinWarbler, another DXLabs program that interacts with DXKeeper for SSB, RTTY, CW operation.  It provides CW/RTTY macros and a host of other features.

Robie AJ4F

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 7:18 AM Bill - AA4M <MrBill@...> wrote:
Because of hearing problems, I spend 99% of my time on FT8/FT4.  Using WSJT-X and JTAlert, logging is lightning fast.  But on SSB/CW, so far I have only managed to log manually using the "New" and "Log" menu items in DXKeeper, which is very slow and tedious.  Is there a simpler way than this?

Thanks, Bill  AA4M

Definitely MUCH faster, thanks!

73, Bill  AA4M
Tucson, AZ

On 03/10/2022 06:26:27, Bill Pence wrote:
Have you tried the capture window?
(Button is left of "config" on dxkeeper log screen. It opens a "streamlined for real time entry" window...

More info here:

This is how I enter ssb qso into log...

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022, 8:18 AM Bill - AA4M <MrBill@...> wrote:
Because of hearing problems, I spend 99% of my time on FT8/FT4.  Using WSJT-X and JTAlert, logging is lightning fast.  But on SSB/CW, so far I have only managed to log manually using the "New" and "Log" menu items in DXKeeper, which is very slow and tedious.  Is there a simpler way than this?

Thanks, Bill  AA4M

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2022-03-10 8:29 AM, Robie - AJ4F wrote:

I use WinWarbler, another DXLabs program that interacts with DXKeeper
for SSB, RTTY, CW operation. It provides CW/RTTY macros and a host
of other features.
One can use Winwarbler's CW and SSB macros from the Capture Window by
checking "Main and Capture window F-keys via WW" in DXK Config ->
General. Makes CW macros/SSB DVK easy ...