Bogus N. Korea stations

Stephen Rabinowitz

What override in Spot Collector would block bogus N. Korea spots ?
73, Steve K2SN

What override in Spot Collector would block bogus N. Korea spots ?

+ There is no way for SpotCollector to know a priori which spots of North Korean stations are bogus.

+ If you add a callsign to SpotCollector's "Special Callsign List" with no tag, incoming spots of that callsign will be ignored.

Stephen Rabinowitz

Are any of the recent N. Korea spots real?
73, Steve K2SN

On Feb 17, 2022, at 12:01 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

What override in Spot Collector would block bogus N. Korea spots ?

+ There is no way for SpotCollector to know a priori which spots of North Korean stations are bogus.

+ If you add a callsign to SpotCollector's "Special Callsign List" with no tag, incoming spots of that callsign will be ignored.

Are any of the recent N. Korea spots real?

+ I'm not aware of any valid amateur radio operations in North Korea.

+ See

https://www.ng3k.com/misc/adxo.html

Stephen Rabinowitz

That being the case, how can I block all N. Korea spots (there are at least a few every week) until such time as I learn that real operations have resumed?
73, Steve K2SN

On Feb 17, 2022, at 12:24 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
Are any of the recent N. Korea spots real?

+ I'm not aware of any valid amateur radio operations in North Korea.

+ See

https://www.ng3k.com/misc/adxo.html

That being the case, how can I block all N. Korea spots (there are at least a few every week) until such time as I learn that real operations have resumed?
+ append

and (DXCCPREFIX <> 'P5')

+ to the Spot Database Display filter(s) you are using.

Stephen Rabinowitz

TU
73, Steve K2SN

On Feb 17, 2022, at 12:44 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
That being the case, how can I block all N. Korea spots (there are at least a few every week) until such time as I learn that real operations have resumed?
+ append

and (DXCCPREFIX <> 'P5')

+ to the Spot Database Display filter(s) you are using.

# More AA6YQ comments below

That being the case, how can I block all N. Korea spots (there are at least a few every week) until such time as I learn that real operations have resumed?

+ append

and (DXCCPREFIX <> 'P5')

+ to the Spot Database Display filter(s) you are using.

# Alternatively,

1. click the Pre-filter button in the lower-right corner of the Configuration window's "Spot Database" tab

2. in the "SpotCollector Pre-filtering" window that appears,

2a. in the lower-left corner, set the first selector to P5 in the "Discard incoming spots of stations in selected DXCC entities" panel

2b. in the upper-left corner, check the Enable box; note that this will enable pre-filtering for any other bands, modes, or continents you have selected.

# The advantage of using Pre-filtering is that it eliminates the need to modify existing Spot Database Filters. The disadvantage is that if a valid P5 station becomes QRV, you will have no record of its activity in your Spot Database.