Logging JTDX into DXKeeper

Knut Meland

Logging WSJT-X into DXKeeper works fine, and so does MSHV. 
I tried to log JTDX too. Running QSOs, controling rig works fine. It also reads callsign into DXView and DXkeeper, but logging? No!
I hope there is a way to solve or work around this problem.
Anyone?

73 de Knut LA9RY

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
I tried to log JTDX too. Running QSOs, controling rig works fine. It also reads callsign into DXView and DXkeeper, but logging? No!
Anyone?

+ JTDX does not support the programmatic interfaces required to interoperate with DXLab.

+ JTDX is a hostile fork of WSJT-X, meaning that its developers started with the WSJT-X source code and then made changes rejected by the WSJT-X development team. Bill G4WJS (now SK) stated many times that this situation adversely impacts the productivity of the  WSJT-X development effort.  If you want more open source amateur radio software -- like MMTTY, WSJT-X, and TQSL -- avoid hostile forks!

+ If you are an aspiring open source developer, joining an existing open source project is a great way to get started. But if you subsequently disagree with the direction the project is heading, don't take its source code in a different direction without permission; start your own project from scratch.

Dave, AA6YQ

Floyd Sense

Knut - I spent some time in the past two weeks testing JTDX and I use DXLab for logging.  While I found many other unacceptable behaviors in JTDX, the logging with DXLab worked just fine and made dozens of contacts with JTDX on FT8 and they all logged properly.  I don't know what might be different between our two systems that accounts for the difference.

73, Floyd - K8AC

Floyd Sense

In SpotCollector, config tab Spot Sources, in the WSJT-X panel, I have the Enable box checked.  I believe I had to do that to get logging to happen.  Give it a try.

73, K8AC

Joe Subich, W4TV

Use JT-Alert. JTDX logging via JTAlert works very well with
DXKeeper.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-01-30 1:55 PM, Knut Meland via groups.io wrote:
Anyone?
73 de Knut LA9RY

David A92GE

You need Spot Collector running.

David
A92GE

Bob Frostholm

I agree.... Works excellent with JTAlert

Bob

Ko6Lu

On 1/30/2022 1:17 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV via groups.io wrote:

Use JT-Alert.  JTDX logging via JTAlert works very well with
DXKeeper.

... Joe, W4TV

Anyone?

73 de Knut LA9RY

Dave / NR1DX

Joe is 100% on the money on this one . Plus JTALert gives you the text message applicability to give/get help to/from  your similarly connected buddies " I got him on 3523.4 mike"

Dave

NR1DX

On 1/31/2022 11:58 AM, Bob Frostholm wrote:
I agree.... Works excellent with JTAlert

Bob

Ko6Lu

On 1/30/2022 1:17 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV via groups.io wrote:

Use JT-Alert.  JTDX logging via JTAlert works very well with
DXKeeper.

... Joe, W4TV

Anyone?

73 de Knut LA9RY

--
Dave Manuals@... www.ArtekManuals.com
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus