?How to undo a mistake in "modifying QSOs en masse"?

Joe Subich, W4TV

There is no "undo" for mass changes. That is why every time Dave (or
I) provide instructions that use the "Modify QSOs in Log Page Display"
capability the very first step is *BACKUP YOUR LOG*

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-01-21 11:11 PM, devnull8it via groups.io wrote:
OK, I figured out how to do this with some fancy footwork using the log's backup.  But it sill would be handy to know how to undo that operation.  Sorry for the panic call, but you can easily imaging how one would feel if the log were totally borked. 73, Mike W2IY

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

OK, I figured out how to do this with some fancy footwork using the log's backup. But it sill would be handy to know how to undo that operation.

+ The "Modify QSOs" panel's documentation clearly indicates how to be able to undo that operation:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/ModifyLog.htm

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOModifying

Dave, AA6YQ

devnull8it

OK, I figured out how to do this with some fancy footwork using the log's backup.  But it sill would be handy to know how to undo that operation.  Sorry for the panic call, but you can easily imaging how one would feel if the log were totally borked. 73, Mike W2IY

devnull8it

Yes, except that there are multiple myQTHIDs in that earlier range so I need to find a way to undo the operation :(

D. Scott MacKenzie

You can filter all of them before the certain date, and set the old MYQTHID….

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of devnull8it via groups.io
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 9:40 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] ?How to undo a mistake in "modifying QSOs en masse"?

I needed to change the myQTHID for all QSOs after a certain date. So I used the Advanced filtering, set the date range, but forgot to press "Filter". So now all QSOs in the log have their myQTHID changed, not just the ones in the desired date range. How do I undo this? The Undo button is always grayed out. Any help appreciated.
73, Mike W2IY

devnull8it

I needed to change the myQTHID for all QSOs after a certain date. So I used the Advanced filtering, set the date range, but forgot to press "Filter". So now all QSOs in the log have their myQTHID changed, not just the ones in the desired date range. How do I undo this? The Undo button is always grayed out. Any help appreciated.
73, Mike W2IY