Spot Collector Monitor

Jim Denneny

Is there a simple way to monitor for needed spots on a pc in my office? I would like to turn pc off in my radio room and setup my office pc for needed spots.  What are my options? Thanks

Jim K7EG

Is there a simple way to monitor for needed spots on a pc in my office? I would like to turn pc off in my radio room and setup my office pc for needed spots. What are my options? Thanks

+ Your options are

1. leave SpotCollector running in your radio room, and access SpotCollector's web server from a web browser on your office PC:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/WebBrowser.htm

2. Install a SpotCollector on your office PC, copy your log file from your radio room PC to a free Dropbox account, and configure SpotCollector in your office to refer to your log file on Dropbox. When you log a "new one", copy your updated log file from your radio room PC to your DropBox account.

Jim Denneny

Terrific. Thanks Dave

Jim K7EG

Jim Denneny

Trying choice 2. Put DXKeeper .mdb file into Dropbox. Cannot see mdb file in Dropbox of target pc.  I thought Dropbox mdb file was a "cloud" file accessible by my target pc Dropbox app.  I am unable to see DXK mdb file on target pc Dropbox.  While I am scratching my head, I will bring mdb file over with a usb stick.

I am trying to get help creating a local LAN.  MS has not been able to fix LAN.

Jim K7EG

Trying choice 2. Put DXKeeper .mdb file into Dropbox. Cannot see mdb file in Dropbox of target pc. I thought Dropbox mdb file was a "cloud" file accessible by my target pc Dropbox app.

+ Correct.

I am unable to see DXK mdb file on target pc Dropbox.

+ I suggest that you seek assistance from DropBox technical support.

While I am scratching my head, I will bring mdb file over with a usb stick.

I am trying to get help creating a local LAN. MS has not been able to fix LAN.

+ "It's always something!".

Jim Denneny

I retrieved and imported DXK & SC onto my office pc for monitoring.  I found an mdb file but DXK wants to import an adi file.  How do I get the mdb file into DXK?

I am having issues networking my 4 pc's but, that is another story

Jim K7EG

I retrieved and imported DXK & SC onto my office pc for monitoring.  I found an mdb file
+ All databases used by DXLab applications are stored in files with the suffix .mdb

+ On your radio room computer, your log file is the one whose pathname is specified in the "Log file" panel at the top of the Log tab DXKeeper's Configuration window.

but DXK wants to import an adi file.  How do I get the mdb file into DXK?
+ Copy your log file from your radio room computer to the Databases file in DXKeeper's folder on your office computer. On your office computer computer,

1. start DXKeeper

2, select the Configuration window's Log tab

3. click the "Log file" panel's Select button,

4. use the file selection window to navigate to DXKeeper's Databases folder, and select the log file you just copied from, your radio room computer

Jim Denneny

OK.  DXK & SC are working on office pc for monitoring needs.

I tried to repeat monitor install onto my Win 11 laptop.  Launching DXK on laptop, I see error missing "mscomctl.ocx" file. I grabbed missing ocx file from Win10 pc. I note file is registered under ActiveX on win 10 pc. I copied file to stick.  I do not know where to paste file on Win 11 laptop.

Jim K7EG

I tried to repeat monitor install onto my Win 11 laptop. Launching DXK on laptop, I see error missing "mscomctl.ocx" file. I grabbed missing ocx file from Win10 pc. I note file is registered under ActiveX on win 10 pc. I copied file to stick. I do not know where to paste file on Win 11 laptop.

+ You can't simply copy a missing component to your Windows 11 laptop; the component must be registered with Windows. I suggest that you do the following on that laptop:

1. terminate all DXLab applications

2. direct Windows to uninstall DXKeeper

3. terminate and restart Windows (to clear whatever conflict prevented mscomctl.ocx from being installed the first time you installed DXKeeper)

4. direct Windows to install DXKeeper