Scott

KB0FHP

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2022-01-10 11:47 AM, D. Scott MacKenzie wrote:
I am assuming that this is worthless, and not valid for ARRL DXCC
purposes. Is this correct?
Correct.

On 2022-01-10 11:47 AM, D. Scott MacKenzie wrote:
Hi all:
I just received an email from QSL Web Creator.  I received a QSL that can be downloaded, and printed on my own.  The data matches my own data for the contact.  The operator did not upload it to LOTW.  I am assuming that this is worthless, and not valid for ARRL DXCC purposes.  Is this correct?
Thanks
Scott
KB0FHP

Sidney Shusterman

Hi Scott,
Who stiffed you with that? I will be sure not to work him/her.
73, Sid

On 2022-01-10 11:47 AM, D. Scott MacKenzie wrote:
Hi all:

I just received an email from QSL Web Creator.  I received a QSL that can be downloaded, and printed on my own.  The data matches my own data for the contact.  The operator did not upload it to LOTW.  I am assuming that this is worthless, and not valid for ARRL DXCC purposes.  Is this correct?

Thanks

Scott

KB0FHP

D. Scott MacKenzie

I am not sure this is the place to specifically call out someone. Luckily, it was not something I needed. Luckily it wasn't someone who I sent money to for a QSL

On 2022-01-10 11:47 AM, D. Scott MacKenzie wrote:
Hi all:

I just received an email from QSL Web Creator. I received a QSL that
can be downloaded, and printed on my own. The data matches my own
data for the contact. The operator did not upload it to LOTW. I am
assuming that this is worthless, and not valid for ARRL DXCC
purposes. Is this correct?

Thanks

Scott

KB0FHP

Sidney Shusterman

My apologies to the group. This was supposed to be a private email. Again, I apologize.
Sid K3SX

On 2022-01-10 11:47 AM, D. Scott MacKenzie wrote:
Hi all:

I just received an email from QSL Web Creator. I received a QSL that
can be downloaded, and printed on my own. The data matches my own
data for the contact. The operator did not upload it to LOTW. I am
assuming that this is worthless, and not valid for ARRL DXCC
purposes. Is this correct?

Thanks

Scott

KB0FHP

d_ziolkowski

if you can print it why would it not be valid for awards?

Dan KC2STA

--
Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T

D. Scott MacKenzie

I don’t know – that is why I am asking.  The first thing I can think of, is that it is too easily created or faked.

if you can print it why would it not be valid for awards?

Dan KC2STA

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 11:48 AM D. Scott MacKenzie <kb0fhp@...> wrote:

Hi all:

I just received an email from QSL Web Creator.  I received a QSL that can be downloaded, and printed on my own.  The data matches my own data for the contact.  The operator did not upload it to LOTW.  I am assuming that this is worthless, and not valid for ARRL DXCC purposes.  Is this correct?

Thanks

Scott

KB0FHP

--

Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T
Ubuntu LINUX

Hello,

I have a few QSL cards sent to me that are nothing more than printed paper QSLs.

Now, they are not P5 or BV9P etc...but they are on regular paper, and have been accepted by

ARRL for DXCC credits. That was back in the 80s/90s. Contact the ARRL DXCC desk and they will more than happy to answer that question from the horses mouth.

73
Jose
N4BAA

Ex; KG4SB, YI9BAA, VP5BAX, 9K2/N4BAA

[...]

Scott-

anyone could create a fake card, if you were desperate enough. Certainly not ham spirit.

I have also received several of these emailed qsls. But nothing I needed a QSL for.

I don't think eqsl printed cards are accepted either.

Dan kc2sta

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 2:32 PM D. Scott MacKenzie <kb0fhp@...> wrote:

[...]

+ For ARRL DXCC awards,

"2. Written Proof: Except in cases where the rules of Section IV apply, proof of two-way communication (contacts) must be submitted directly to ARRL HQ for all DXCC credits claimed. Photocopies and electronically transmitted confirmations (including, but not limited to fax and e-mail) are not currently acceptable for DXCC purposes. Exception: Confirmations created and delivered by ARRL’s Logbook of the World program are acceptable for DXCC credit."

http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-rules

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2022-01-10 2:41 PM, d_ziolkowski wrote:

I don't think eqsl printed cards are accepted either.
They are not.

In simple terms, in order to be valid (for ARRL awards), a computer
generated QSL requires an original signature or separately applied
"QSL Manager's stamp". Without the signature or stamp a computer
generated card is assumed to be e-mail/fax as there is no way to
authenticate it.

On 2022-01-10 2:41 PM, d_ziolkowski wrote:
Scott-
anyone could create a fake card, if you were desperate enough. Certainly not ham spirit.
I have also received several of these emailed qsls. But nothing I needed a QSL for.
I don't think eqsl printed cards are accepted either.
Dan kc2sta

Gilbert Baron W0MN

It would not be that hard to print your own QSL as if it had  been received in the mail. Eventually you would probably be caught, especially if you are dong many.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

[...]

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

D. Scott MacKenzie

That is exactly what I was looking for - thank you as always Dave

if you can print it why would it not be valid for awards?

+ For ARRL DXCC awards,

"2. Written Proof: Except in cases where the rules of Section IV apply, proof of two-way communication (contacts) must be submitted directly to ARRL HQ for all DXCC credits claimed. Photocopies and electronically transmitted confirmations (including, but not limited to fax and e-mail) are not currently acceptable for DXCC purposes. Exception: Confirmations created and delivered by ARRL’s Logbook of the World program are acceptable for DXCC credit."

http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-rules

BILL KENNAMER

This isn’t the forum for this.

However, I can tell you several developers in the 90’s while I was DXCC manager said they had developed something that couldn’t be altered. I just turned it over to Bill Moore, and within 30 minutes we sent an altered one back to them. Doubt if they could be any less secure today.