Issue attempting to remove Duplicate QSO's - Program Error 3043

Joe Bales

When following the instructions located at https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RemovingDuplicates I am left with ALL of my 41,000 QSO's displayed in the log.  I have a few hundred dupes.  The routine in the link previously mentioned seems to go through the process to select dupes.  I looked at the error log and found the following error message at the time of completion of the removingduplicate routine.  program error 3043 in module DXLogModule.FlagDuplicateQSOs: Disk or network error. -

Any ideas on this one?  I would like to remove the dupes with them only being the items showing in the log.  This is a 2 week old new computer build with Solid State hard drives.  I doubt there is a real disk error.  The data file is in the cloud.  perhaps this is the issue ... but I have been using the data in the cloud for years.

K4JKB

When following the instructions located at https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RemovingDuplicates I am left with ALL of my 41,000 QSO's displayed in the log. I have a few hundred dupes. The routine in the link previously mentioned seems to go through the process to select dupes. I looked at the error log and found the following error message at the time of completion of the removingduplicate routine. program error 3043 in module DXLogModule.FlagDuplicateQSOs: Disk or network error. -

Any ideas on this one?

+ The " Disk or network error" message comes from Windows. So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. On the Configuration window's General tab, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. Terminate DXKeeper

3. Start DXKeeper

4. Attempt to remove your duplicate QSOs, just as you did before

5. When the failure occurs,

5a. On the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

5b. Attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

I would like to remove the dupes with them only being the items showing in the log. This is a 2 week old new computer build with Solid State hard drives. I doubt there is a real disk error.

+ I wouldn't be so sure; SSD failure rates follow a bathtub-shaped curve. Check the Window Event Logs to see if hardware or software errors were reported:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-use-windows-10-event-viewer.2752289/

The data file is in the cloud. perhaps this is the issue ... but I have been using the data in the cloud for years.

+ The number of log accesses required to eliminate duplicates is proportional to the square of the number of QSOs in your log. With 41K logged QSOs, that's a lot of network traffic, which could expose latent hardware or software problems. Any such problems should be recorded in the Windows Event Logs.

+ You could try copying your log from the cloud to a local file and see if duplicate elimination succeeds.

Joe Bales

Hi Dave

thanks for swift reply.  I started the task again with the database on a local hard drive and that process worked perfectly - so I am good.  only 3517 dupes which means some triples or more.

thanks 73

thanks for swift reply. I started the task again with the database on a local hard drive and that process worked perfectly - so I am good. only 3517 dupes which means some triples or more.

+ Great, but you should still get to the bottom of the "Disk or network error", especially if you're going to continue maintaining your log file in the cloud. Problems left unresolved have a nasty habit of re-appearing at the worst possible time...

Joe Bales

QSL on that Dave.  I will look into this and see if the same error occurred with the successful operation with log on local drive.

Joe

QSL on that Dave.  I will look into this and see if the same error occurred with the successful operation with log on local drive.

+ If that were the case, there's be  "see errorlog" entry in DXKeeper's Main window's title bar, and there'd be an errorlog.txt file in your DXKeeper folder with entries whose timestamps are consistent with when you ran the duplication removal operation on a log file on your local drive.

Joe Bales

Error Free with log on local drive.  I will leave the database in the local drive.  I work from home 95% of the time the past 2 years and don't plan to change that.  So, when actually in the office I will not be doing any remote hamming thus no need for the database to be in the cloud.  I have a Gigabit network with a Verizon Fiber connection.  so who knows what caused the error.  I will still look into your suggestions that you included in your first reply.

thanks again