Can't update to TQSL 2.5.9

John W1JA

FB Neil. For some reason I interpreted the Revo website language to mean that the program would no longer function after one year. I'm considering buying it while it's on sale.

About my TQSL issue: Rick K1MU contacted me by email. He suggested I use the Microsoft "Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter." It successfully deleted my existing TQSL version, and I installed 2.5.9 with the tqsl-2.5.9.msi installer I downloaded from the LotW website.

73, John W1JA

neil_zampella

FWIW ... all that means is that you won't be able to get any updates after 1 year, the program will still work.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 11/20/2021 12:24 PM, John W1JA wrote:
Thanks Dave for calling in the big guns. I will wait for their responses.

Thanks Neil. I have been hearing about Revo for decades. I would have bought it on sale right now, just to have around. But the sale price is for just 1 year. :(  I have problems like this way less often than annually. I'll just use the free version if I need it.

Thanks Dave for calling in the big guns. I will wait for their responses.

+ I’ve forwarded Rick K1MU’s response to you.

John W1JA

Thanks Dave for calling in the big guns. I will wait for their responses.

Thanks Neil. I have been hearing about Revo for decades. I would have bought it on sale right now, just to have around. But the sale price is for just 1 year. :(  I have problems like this way less often than annually. I'll just use the free version if I need it.

Don't "delete files and registry entries" ... use Revo Uninstaller. There are free and pro versions, and the pro version is on sale right now for 9.98. About $15 off. Even the free version will remove programs, but the pro does more and at that price WELL worth the money.

+ I suggest holding off on changes until TQSL developer Rick K1MU has a chance to weigh in.

neil_zampella

Don't "delete files and registry entries" ... use Revo Uninstaller.   There are free and pro versions, and the pro version is on sale right now for 9.98.      About $15 off.  Even the free version will remove programs, but the pro does more and at that price WELL worth the money.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 11/20/2021 7:44 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

Since 2.5.9 became available I have been unable to update to it.

My installed TQSL says it's 2.5.7, but Programs and Features in Control Panel, and Apps & Features (the W10 app,) both say I have 2.5.5 installed. Installing 2.5.9 fails - process can't find a valid installation package. Even when I point it at tqsl-2.5.9.msi that I downloaded manually from the LotW page, the installation fails.

I cannot uninstall TQSL either - the process looks for a valid 2.5.5 installation package. I couldn't find a 2.5.5 installation .msi file on the web to download.

I suppose I could uninstall manually (by deleting files and registry entries) but am reluctant to tinker with the registry. After some rooting around on the LotW pages I found a Trouble Ticket submission mechanism (it's at http://www.arrl.org/lotw-help-ticket ). I submitted a ticket two weeks ago; no response.

Does anyone have suggestions?

73, John W1JA

+ Rick K1MU, could you give John a hand with this?

+ Greg K0GW, you might check to see why John received no response to his Trouble Ticket.