Can't update to TQSL 2.5.9

John W1JA

FB Neil. For some reason I interpreted the Revo website language to mean that the program would no longer function after one year. I'm considering buying it while it's on sale.

About my TQSL issue: Rick K1MU contacted me by email. He suggested I use the Microsoft "Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter." It successfully deleted my existing TQSL version, and I installed 2.5.9 with the tqsl-2.5.9.msi installer I downloaded from the LotW website.

73, John W1JA

neil_zampella

FWIW ... all that means is that you won't be able to get any updates after 1 year, the program will still work.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 11/20/2021 12:24 PM, John W1JA wrote:
Thanks Dave for calling in the big guns. I will wait for their responses.

Thanks Neil. I have been hearing about Revo for decades. I would have bought it on sale right now, just to have around. But the sale price is for just 1 year. :(  I have problems like this way less often than annually. I'll just use the free version if I need it.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

+ I’ve forwarded Rick K1MU’s response to you.

Dave, AA6YQ

John W1JA

Thanks Neil. I have been hearing about Revo for decades. I would have bought it on sale right now, just to have around. But the sale price is for just 1 year. :(  I have problems like this way less often than annually. I'll just use the free version if I need it.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Don't "delete files and registry entries" ... use Revo Uninstaller. There are free and pro versions, and the pro version is on sale right now for 9.98. About $15 off. Even the free version will remove programs, but the pro does more and at that price WELL worth the money.

+ I suggest holding off on changes until TQSL developer Rick K1MU has a chance to weigh in.

Dave, AA6YQ

neil_zampella

Don't "delete files and registry entries" ... use Revo Uninstaller.   There are free and pro versions, and the pro version is on sale right now for 9.98.      About $15 off.  Even the free version will remove programs, but the pro does more and at that price WELL worth the money.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 11/20/2021 7:44 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

Since 2.5.9 became available I have been unable to update to it.

My installed TQSL says it's 2.5.7, but Programs and Features in Control Panel, and Apps & Features (the W10 app,) both say I have 2.5.5 installed. Installing 2.5.9 fails - process can't find a valid installation package. Even when I point it at tqsl-2.5.9.msi that I downloaded manually from the LotW page, the installation fails.

I cannot uninstall TQSL either - the process looks for a valid 2.5.5 installation package. I couldn't find a 2.5.5 installation .msi file on the web to download.

I suppose I could uninstall manually (by deleting files and registry entries) but am reluctant to tinker with the registry. After some rooting around on the LotW pages I found a Trouble Ticket submission mechanism (it's at http://www.arrl.org/lotw-help-ticket ). I submitted a ticket two weeks ago; no response.

Does anyone have suggestions?

73, John W1JA

+ Rick K1MU, could you give John a hand with this?

+ Greg K0GW, you might check to see why John received no response to his Trouble Ticket.

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

My installed TQSL says it's 2.5.7, but Programs and Features in Control Panel, and Apps & Features (the W10 app,) both say I have 2.5.5 installed. Installing 2.5.9 fails - process can't find a valid installation package. Even when I point it at tqsl-2.5.9.msi that I downloaded manually from the LotW page, the installation fails.

I cannot uninstall TQSL either - the process looks for a valid 2.5.5 installation package. I couldn't find a 2.5.5 installation .msi file on the web to download.

I suppose I could uninstall manually (by deleting files and registry entries) but am reluctant to tinker with the registry. After some rooting around on the LotW pages I found a Trouble Ticket submission mechanism (it's at http://www.arrl.org/lotw-help-ticket ). I submitted a ticket two weeks ago; no response.

73, John W1JA

+ Rick K1MU, could you give John a hand with this?

+ Greg K0GW, you might check to see why John received no response to his Trouble Ticket.

Dave, AA6YQ

John W1JA

73, John W1JA