WinWarbler and IC7851 configuration setup

Norm_W4QN

This is addressed to those DXLAB / WinWarbler users with the IC7851 radio.
I am looking for the radio setup to interface with the PC running WinWarbler for the SSB, Digital (RTTY), and CW.  modes.  My setup does
now interface with the other radio control modules e.g. Commander, and I want to add WinWarbler as well.  I know there is a pretty comprehensive description in Dave's Help-User guide, but so far the resuts have not been satisfactory.  There are the WinWarbler Configuration elements, and the necessary 7851 settings that I am looking for.

I think there may be many similarities with other ICOM radios with the built-in sound cards, e,g, 7300 and 7610 models that could apply

Hopefully there are some users of both WW and 7851 that can offer some guidance.  To avoid unnecessary bandwidth I can be contacted directly via email - my call at bellsouth dot net,

Norm W4QN

This is addressed to those DXLAB / WinWarbler users with the IC7851 radio.
I am looking for the radio setup to interface with the PC running WinWarbler for the SSB, Digital (RTTY), and CW.  modes.  My setup does
now interface with the other radio control modules e.g. Commander, and I want to add WinWarbler as well.  I know there is a pretty comprehensive description in Dave's Help-User guide, but so far the resuts have not been satisfactory.

+ "the results have not been satisfactory" is not sufficiently specific to enable competent assistance. Exactly what isn't working, Norm?

Norm_W4QN

Dave,

It is not that WW is not satisfactorily functioning, it is more my inputs have not satisfied WW's requirements.

We have exchanged emails before on this subject - what is not satisfying is I have not gotten WW to work for me.  The key statement in my query to the group can be summarized in my initial emails last sentence -

"There are the WinWarbler Configuration elements, and the necessary 7851 settings that I am looking for."

In the WW configuration Window there are 12 pages or tabs, some are pretty obvious as to what inputs are required, others not so clear to me.
Clearly I must have some errors as upon opening WW as I get an error message reading - <Error while opening CW serial port:8002 Invalid Port Number>  - click OK and WW will then open but when going through the config tabs it may pop up again.

There is no port 8002 that I can identify, but if someone was able to exchange with me their settings on each of the WW Configure tabs I would expect to then get WW functional, and learn more about what inputs are required to achieve those results.

Also included in my quest are those settings that are required for setting up the 7851 radio.

One of the reasons I suggested contacting me directly was to facilitate the exchange of information and images of WW's configured pages.

Norm W4QN

--
Norm_W4QN

Dave AA6YQ

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 03:07 PM, Norm_W4QN wrote:
It is not that WW is not satisfactorily functioning, it is more my inputs have not satisfied WW's requirements.

We have exchanged emails before on this subject - what is not satisfying is I have not gotten WW to work for me.
+ Yes, I remember your asking me to send you my "IC-7851 settings". After reminding you that I don't own an IC-7851, I suggested that you post your questions here so that everyone could see the responses. Thanks for doing so!

The key statement in my query to the group can be summarized in my initial emails last sentence -

"There are the WinWarbler Configuration elements, and the necessary 7851 settings that I am looking for."

In the WW configuration Window there are 12 pages or tabs, some are pretty obvious as to what inputs are required, others not so clear to me.
+ Which settings are unclear to you?

Clearly I must have some errors as upon opening WW as I get an error message reading - <Error while opening CW serial port:8002 Invalid Port Number>  - click OK and WW will then open but when going through the config tabs it may pop up again
+ That means that you've specified an invalid COM port in the Keying panel on the Configuration window's CW tab. Which COM port have you specified in this panel?

+ When you connect your IC-7851 to your computer with a USB cable, two (virtual) COM ports appear in the Windows Device Manager's  "Ports (COM & LPT)" section. What two COM ports are being created by your IC-7851?

+ Since Commander is able to control your IC-7851, you have Commander correctly configured to use one of these two (virtual) COM ports. Which one is Commander configured to use (Configuration window, Ports tab, "Primary CAT Serial Port" panel)?

There is no port 8002 that I can identify, but if someone was able to exchange with me their settings on each of the WW Configure tabs I would expect to then get WW functional, and learn more about what inputs are required to achieve those results.
+ In the error message "8002 Invalid Port Number", the 8002 is a Windows error code, not a COM port number.