Export, from dxkeeper, FT8 contacts in .adif format consumable by wsjtx?

High level question:  Is it possible to export a standard .adif file from dxkeeper, containing of all my ft8 contacts, and use that file to replace the existing wsjtx log?

Reason:  I think, based on reading another thread recently, that if I look at the lower left of wsjtx I will be able to see if I have already logged the call sign if that call sign is resident in the log wsjtx is conscious of.

However, from the beginning of my use of wsjtx I have managed my contacts with (first HRD then dxkeeper).   Each time I migrated contacts from the wsjtx log I deleted the wsjtx log so that only new contacts would be in the log going forward.

Now, all of my ft8 contacts are in dxkeeper and I have been typing in calls in dxkeeper to see if I already have them while running wsjtx.  However, as noted, I think it is possible, within wsjtx, to see previously logged calls in the lower left window.   (I am not sure about this but read a thread here recently that gave me that perception).

IF I export a standard adif from dxkeeper and replace the wsjtx simple wsjtx adif log at C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\WSJT-X/logs with the adif from dxkeeper can wsjtx consume it properly??

I understand I can run the experiment myself, but, having done such things on software I did not fully understand in the past, I have learned a bit of caution.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

KM2B

g4wjs

On 10/10/2021 10:54, mike s wrote:
However, as noted, I think it is possible, within wsjtx, to see previously logged calls in the lower left window.   (I am not sure about this but read a thread here recently that gave me that perception).
Hi Mike,

that's not correct. The only status bar indication related to the WSJT-X ADIF log is when WSJT-X starts, it shows the number of worked before records loaded from its ADIF log file for a few seconds after the load completes. WSJT-X can highlight CQ calls from stations you have now worked before, or not worked before on the current band, but if you are using the full DX Lab Suite to WSJT-X integration then you will have new DXing goals highlighted, as defined by your DXKeeper log and award objectives.

There's no problem with using the DXKeeper ADIF export facility to create a replacement ADIF log for WSJT-X, you don't need to limit it to just FT8 contacts. If you do use the WSJT-X decode highlighting, you can highlight per the current mode or for all modes combined by changing the "Settings->Colors->Highlight by Mode" option.

Bill

G4WJS.

Bill,

Many thanks for your detailed response and information.   I appreciate your time in answering.

Thank you.   I am still reading the detailed directions to fully interface DX Lab with wsjtx for interoperability.

As is always the case, the written instructions are thorough and detailed, but, I am going through the process slowly.

:-)

Thank you again.