Pathfinder Disappears

w2eck

Yesterday, halfway thru  importing an ADIF log, Pathfinder went away and the remainder of the logs were imported to DX Keeper with no call-book data. Today in the process of looking up the remaining calls in that log, PF again disappeared. In both cases the Launcher still shows a green light for PF, but in Windows Task Manager, PF does not appear in open Apps or Processes. Anyone have any ideas what might be happening? Running Win 10 Home 64 bit with all current updates.

73 Paul w2eck

Yesterday, halfway thru importing an ADIF log, Pathfinder went away and the remainder of the logs were imported to DX Keeper with no call-book data. Today in the process of looking up the remaining calls in that log, PF again disappeared. In both cases the Launcher still shows a green light for PF, but in Windows Task Manager, PF does not appear in open Apps or Processes.

+ If the Launcher's PF indicator is still green, that means that Pathfinder did not inform the Launcher that it was terminating -- meaning that the termination was abnormal.

Anyone have any ideas what might be happening? Running Win 10 Home 64 bit with all current updates.

+ As a first step, check the Window Event Logs around the time that Pathfinder was abnormally terminated. Also check your anti-malware application's log.

w2eck

Dave - I did not see anything unusual in the Windows Security Log, but attached in the Windows 10 Event logs. The times did coincide with when the PF went away.
73 Paul w2eck

w2eck

Dave
Sri screen shots I embedded didn't make it through.

73 Paul

Dave - I did not see anything unusual in the Windows Security Log, but attached in the Windows 10 Event logs. The times did coincide with when the PF went away.

+ This group does not convey attachments. Please send the event logs and "times when Pathfinder went away" to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Thanks for the screen shots, Paul.

Pathfinder uses the Microsoft Web Browser component to render web pages. The errorlog shows that a module named jscript9.dll faulted with error code 0xc0000005; this module resides in

c:\windows\system32\jscript9.dll

and is provided by Microsoft. I suggest that you engage Microsoft support to learn why this module is faulting.

My guess: you visited a web page containing Javascript that Microsoft's web browsing functionality cannot handle.

Do be sure that on Pathfinder's Configuration window, the "Internet Explorer" panel's Emulation is set to 11.