NM5Z
David

Joe Subich, W4TV

However, when I close launcher and reopen it, the same" New app upgrades" message appears and when I click config, it shows V2.1.2 as
installed and the upgrade as V2.1.4 so it isn't upgrading.
What does the shortcut have for the command line?

What is shown for Launcher's "Program Path" in Launcher ->
Configuration?

On 2021-08-16 5:32 PM, David Pickard via groups.io wrote:
When I open the launcher, it reads"new app upgrades". The current version is V2.1.2 and the upgrade is V2.1,4. When I click the upgrade button, it reads that it will terminate so it can be upgraded and the upgraded version will start automatically. I click OK and it does shut down and restarts. After it restarts and I click config it shows V2.1.4 is installed. However, when I close launcher and reopen it, the same" New app upgrades" message appears and when I click config, it shows V2.1.2 as installed and the upgrade as V2.1.4 so it isn't upgrading.
NM5Z
David

When I open the launcher, it reads"new app upgrades". The current version is V2.1.2 and the upgrade is V2.1,4. When I click the upgrade button, it reads that it will terminate so it can be upgraded and the upgraded version will start automatically. I click OK and it does shut down and restarts. After it restarts and I click config it shows V2.1.4 is installed. However, when I close launcher and reopen it, the same" New app upgrades" message appears and when I click config, it shows V2.1.2 as installed and the upgrade as V2.1.4 so it isn't upgrading.

+ You have two copies of the Launcher application. The Launcher upgrades the copy whose pathname is specified on its Configuration window's "DXLab Apps" tab, but you're starting the other instance.

David Pickard

Joe,
tt was set wrong
C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher212.exe so I changed it to
C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher214.exe and now it works fine. THANKS!

NM5Z David

Bill Pence

Doesn't the installer copy the new .exe to dxlablauncher.exe so the shortcut never needs to change?
Check and see if you have a file called
C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher.exe
That exactly matches size and date of 2.14.

The change described is one I never make for upgrades

Your mileage may vary if course ....

73

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021, 7:56 PM David Pickard via groups.io <nm5z=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Joe,
tt was set wrong
C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher212.exe so I changed it to
C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher214.exe and now it works fine. THANKS!

NM5Z David

Joe Subich, W4TV

tt was set wrong
C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher212.exe so I changed it to
C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher214.exe and now it works fine. THANKS!
Set it to C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher.exe or you will have the
same problem the next time you upgrade.

On 2021-08-16 7:56 PM, David Pickard via groups.io wrote:
Joe,
tt was set wrong
C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher212.exe so I changed it to
C:\DXLab\Launcher\DXLabLauncher214.exe and now it works fine. THANKS!
NM5Z David

David Pickard

You are right, Dave. However, it was the shortcut that was the issue. Upgrading did not change it but maybe it was not supposed to.
David NM5Z

You are right, Dave. However, it was the shortcut that was the issue. Upgrading did not change it but maybe it was not supposed to.

+ The shortcut doesn't need to change from one version to the next -- unless you changed it to a version-specific pathname.