N1MM Gateway

Pete W1RM

The N1MM gateway allowed QTC log entries from WAE to populate DXKeeper log.  I don’t see any option in the gateway selection to not do this.

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1rm@...

The N1MM gateway allowed QTC log entries from WAE to populate DXKeeper log. I don't see any option in the gateway selection to not
do this.

+ The N1MM Gateway sends each QSO to DXKeeper that N1MM reports logging.

+ How would the Gateway distinguish a "real" QSO reported by N1MM from a QTC reported by N1MM?

Ed W2LCQ

I loaded my N1MM+ WAE log into DXK without any problems. Loaded just like any other log.

Ed

73, de Ed Jones W2LCQ

Frankford Radio Club
BUG CWops (Life) LICWC (Life) SKCC FISTS QCWA ARRL RSGB

On Aug 16, 2021, at 9:08 AM, Pete W1RM <w1rm@...> wrote:

The N1MM gateway allowed QTC log entries from WAE to populate DXKeeper log.  I don’t see any option in the gateway selection to not do this.

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1rm@...

g4wjs

On 16/08/2021 14:08, Pete W1RM wrote:

The N1MM gateway allowed QTC log entries from WAE to populate DXKeeper log.  I don’t see any option in the gateway selection to not do this.

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1rm@...

Hi Pete,

why would you put QTC exchanges into your DXKeeper log? They are QSOs you have made.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill

G4WJS.

g4wjs

On 16/08/2021 19:54, g4wjs wrote:
On 16/08/2021 14:08, Pete W1RM wrote:

The N1MM gateway allowed QTC log entries from WAE to populate DXKeeper log.  I don’t see any option in the gateway selection to not do this.

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1rm@...

Hi Pete,

why would you put QTC exchanges into your DXKeeper log? They are QSOs you have made.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Oops,

major typo there. I meant to say "They are *not* QSOs you have made."

W1rm@comcast.net

Hi Pete,

why would you put QTC exchanges into your DXKeeper log? They are QSOs you have made.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Oops,

major typo there. I meant to say "They are *not* QSOs you have made."

+ Pete doesn't want the QTCs logged in DXKeeper. The problem is that N1MM is reporting them a logged QSOs, and the N1MM-DXKeeper
Gateway is logging them to DXKeeper.

+ If there's a way to distinguish a "real QSO" being reported as logged by N1MM from a QTC being reported as logged by N1MM, then I
can update the Gateway to ignore the QTCs. If possible to implement, this doesn't sound like it should be an option.

g4wjs

On 16/08/2021 20:02, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

Hi Dave,

OK, I see. If the DE call is included then the QTC will not have the operators call in it. QTCs are other stations the contest QSO partner has worked.

Bill

G4WJS.

Ted Bauer

When I contest using N1MM, I shut the Gateway down (it can slow down your computer response) and do an Export once the contest is done. That Export in ADIF format is then used to Import QSOs into DXKeeper. Yes, it takes some extra steps, but I find it works well and is a lot cleaner operation.

When just DXing, I have the option of using N1MM and the Gateway OR just use DXCapture in DXLab.

73
---
Ted   WA3AER

--
---
Ted   WA3AER

Pete W1RM

One way would be to look at the report. If it isn't ### or ## or -## or +##
then it's not a QSO

Pete Chamalian, W1RM
W1rm@comcast.net

The N1MM gateway allowed QTC log entries from WAE to populate DXKeeper log.
I don't see any option in the gateway selection to not do this.

+ The N1MM Gateway sends each QSO to DXKeeper that N1MM reports logging.

+ How would the Gateway distinguish a "real" QSO reported by N1MM from a QTC
reported by N1MM?

Pete W1RM

Bill that’s the point.  I don’t want them in my DXKeeper log.  The gateway puts them there

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1rm@...

The N1MM gateway allowed QTC log entries from WAE to populate DXKeeper log.  I don’t see any option in the gateway selection to not do this.

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1rm@...

Hi Pete,

why would you put QTC exchanges into your DXKeeper log? They are QSOs you have made.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill

G4WJS.

Pete W1RM

WAE is the only contest that does this.

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1rm@...

When I contest using N1MM, I shut the Gateway down (it can slow down your computer response) and do an Export once the contest is done. That Export in ADIF format is then used to Import QSOs into DXKeeper. Yes, it takes some extra steps, but I find it works well and is a lot cleaner operation.

When just DXing, I have the option of using N1MM and the Gateway OR just use DXCapture in DXLab.

73
---
Ted   WA3AER

--
---
Ted   WA3AER

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ
One way would be to look at the report. If it isn't ### or ## or -## or +##
then it's not a QSO

+ What do the report fields contain in QSOs derived from QTCs?

+ Are there any other differentiators?

WAE is the only contest that does this.

+ Unless there's a reliable way to distinguish actual QSOs from QTC QSOs, the answer may be "don't use the N1MM-DXKeeper Bridge in the WAE contest"