Commander and Spot Collector Won't Open

charles miller

After I did the last update to DXLab Launcher, I had problems opening up both Commander and Spot Collector. All other applications work, however, I get a " Component 'MouseWheelControl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". I look in the Launder file and the MouseWheelControl.ocx is in the file.
When the Spot Collector launches I get a report "The Spot Database cannot be accessed for compaction: Path not found". Then I get a report "Unable to create a special callsign database in C:\DALab\Commander\Database\SpecialCallsigns,mdb because + 'C:\DXLab\Commander\Databases\SpecialCallsigns.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides."
In the DXLab Launcher Configuration both applications are highlighted in RED and on the Launcher the CMD and SC are BLACKed out.
Hoping you are able to help.

Charlie  N2BTX

--
Charles W. Miller
13 Birchwood Acres

After I did the last update to DXLab Launcher, I had problems opening up both Commander and Spot Collector.

+ The DXLab Launcher was last updated nearly a year ago, on 2020-07-25.

+ Commander was last updated more than a month ago, on 2021-06-11.

+ SpotCollector was last updated 3 weeks ago, on 2021-06-25.

+ When did you first notice a problem with Commander?

+ When did you first notice a problem with SpotCollector?

All other applications work, however, I get a " Component 'MouseWheelControl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". I look in the Launder file and the MouseWheelControl.ocx is in the file.

+ MouseWheelControl.ocx is a component that Commander uses to respond to a wheeled mouse. It is installed and registered with Windows when Commander is installed for the first time. Updating Commander does not alter the status MouseWheelControl.ocx

+ The error message your report means that MouseWheelControl.ocx is no longer registered with Windows, either because some other application you installed un-registered it, or because of a defect in Windows. On your system, what is the pathname for

MouseWheelControl.ocx

?

When the Spot Collector launches I get a report "The Spot Database cannot be accessed for compaction: Path not found". Then I get a report "Unable to create a special callsign database in C:\DALab\Commander\Database\SpecialCallsigns,mdb because + 'C:\DXLab\Commander\Databases\SpecialCallsigns.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides."

+ SpotCollector should not be looking for the Special Callsign database in Commander's Database folder.

In the DXLab Launcher Configuration both applications are highlighted in RED and on the Launcher the CMD and SC are BLACKed out.

+ Please make a screenshot showing the "DXLab Apps" tab of the Launcher's Configuration window, attach that screenshot to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.