Spot Collector Improvement Idea

Dale Drake

The SC filter panel includes a few buttons assigned to criteria I almost never use and I suspect many other user seldom use them as well, specifically, the buttons for Origin, Cont, Mode and Band. Although there are already 32 SQL filter buttons (4 banks of 8) changing Origin, Cont, Mode and Band to SQL filter buttons would add 16 more and reduce switching between banks.  The settings controlled now with the Origin, Cont, Mode and Band buttons might be re-assigned to the SC Config menus.  I have now idea how hard this would be to do but I am interested in comments from Dave and other users. Thanks.

The SC filter panel includes a few buttons assigned to criteria I almost never use and I suspect many other user seldom use them as well, specifically, the buttons for Origin, Cont, Mode and Band. Although there are already 32 SQL filter buttons (4 banks of 8) changing Origin, Cont, Mode and Band to SQL filter buttons would add 16 more and reduce switching between banks.  The settings controlled now with the Origin, Cont, Mode and Band buttons might be re-assigned to the SC Config menus.  I have now idea how hard this would be to do but I am interested in comments from Dave and other users. Thanks.

+ The Band and Mode filters are essential DXing tools; I've used them every day since I added added a spot database to the monolithic predecessor to DXLab ~30 years ago. See "DXing with DXLab" in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scnHv5aGYhM

Jon KM8V

I use the Band/Mode/Cont/Origin filters, and include them in my SQL query filters all the time - but I don't change them very often.