From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021 5:30 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: QRE: [DXLab] DXKeeper Error

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have had to reinstall everything on my windows 10 machine thanks to a boot
error that just made a total mess.

Anyway, when DXKeeper starts, I'm getting a message VW-WAE award file
c:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\CQWAE.txt contains an entry that does not
specify the region's continent.

The file shows this:

1,206,4U1V,ITU Vienna,CQ,WAE

2,248,IG9/IH9,African Italy,CQ,NoWAE

3,248,IT9,Sicily,CQ,WAE

4,259,JW/B, Bear Island,CQ,WAE

5,279,GM/S,Shetland Islands,CQ,WAE

6,390,TA1,European Turkey,CQ,WAE

7,296,YU8,Kosovo,CQ,WAE

What does this error tell me other than DKX can't figure out the continent
but I don't see that.

+ On 2019-02-14, I released DXKeeper 1485 with this enhancement:

"includes a by-continent analysis in the CQ DX Marathon progress report"

+ Implementing this functionality required appending an explicit
+ continent designator to each entry in the CQWAE.txt file residing
in DXKeeper's Databases folder:

1,206,4U1V,ITU Vienna,CQ,WAE,EU
2,248,IG9/IH9,African Italy,CQ,NoWAE,AF
3,248,IT9,Sicily,CQ,WAE,EU
4,259,JW/B, Bear Island,CQ,WAE,EU
5,279,GM/S,Shetland Islands,CQ,WAE,EU
6,390,TA1,European Turkey,CQ,WAE,EU
7,296,YU8,Kosovo,CQ,WAE,EU

+ Every DXKeeper update released since then has included the updated
+ version of this CQWAE.txt file. Why this file was not properly
installed along with everything else when you recovered from your recent
failure, I can't say.

+ You can obtain the current version of this file from

www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/CQWAE.txt

+ Terminate DXKeeper, delete the existing CQWAE.txt in DXKeeper's
+ Databases folder, download the above URL and save its contents to
a file named CQWAE.txt in DXKeeper's Databases folder, and then start
DXKeeper. Any joy?

Worked like a champ. I don't understand how I wound up with such an old data file.

+ "When all other explanations fall short, blame Windows"

- Mark Twain

Russ Ravella

AAAAHHHHHaaaaaaaaa !! Oh my God that’s so good

+ AA6YQ comments below