Control-LoTW filter in DXK - add needed filter?

Jon Gefaell

When I heard Dave mention this at the start of his talk I was very excited. What I wonder is how to take that result and further refine it by asking 'Which of these QSOs fulfills an award goal if confirmed?". I suppose that's the same as 'needed'?

I'm 18 short of my 200 endorsement, and I'm certain there are a few or more entities that I've worked but haven't received their QSL. I'd like to send them an email asking them to please check their log, and if that doesn't work, perhaps send cards.

Thank you.

When I heard Dave mention this at the start of his talk I was very excited.

+ DXKeeper's "Add Needed" function is invoked by clicking the "Add Needed" button on it's Main window's QSL tab with the "QSL Via" panel set to cards, labels, ADIF file, or tab delimited files. It populates the QSL Queue with QSOs that if confirmed would advance your progress towards the awards you are pursuing. The first version of DXKeeper released in 2001 supported "Add Needed" for the DXCC award family; later, "Add Needed" was expanded to also support the IOTA, VUCC, WAS, WAZ, and WPX awards.

What I wonder is how to take that result and further refine it by asking 'Which of these QSOs fulfills an award goal if confirmed?". I suppose that's the same as 'needed'?

+ Correct.

I'm 18 short of my 200 endorsement, and I'm certain there are a few or more entities that I've worked but haven't received their QSL. I'd like to send them an email asking them to please check their log, and if that doesn't work, perhaps send cards.

+ Use the "Add Needed" function to populate DXKeeper's QSL Queue. Start here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm#Identifying%20QSOs%20for%20which%20QSLs%20should%20be%20sent

+ You can direct DXKeeper to print outgoing QSL cards or labels from the QSL Queue, or you can save the QSL Queue to a file and use the file to drive your emailing activity. Then review

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm#QSL%20Queue%20Operations

+ Note that after you print QSL cards/label or generate an ADIF/tab-delimited file, clicking the "Update Log" button updates each logged QSO to reflect the fact that a QSL has been requested -- and how (and when) that request was made and conveyed.

+ DXKeeper provides a lot of automation for obtaining confirmations and keeping track of your efforts. Take the time to understand this automation so that you can use it effectively. I recommend starting here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/QSL.htm