VK CB in Pathfinder Fails

Charlie VK5VC

Hi Dave.

Read your post about the NZ Callbook and checked the VK one.

The VK CB lookup in Pathfinder fails as it points to the old ACA address. The organisation is now called the ACMA.

The address for looking up VK’s is now https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/register_search.main_page

Thanks

Charlie VK5VC

Greg

Charlie

The VK callbook look up works fine here.

73 Greg VK3VT

On 03/06/2021 11:01, Charlie VK5VC wrote:

Hi Dave.

Read your post about the NZ Callbook and checked the VK one.

The VK CB lookup in Pathfinder fails as it points to the old ACA address. The organisation is now called the ACMA.

The address for looking up VK’s is now https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/register_search.main_page

Thanks

Charlie VK5VC

Read your post about the NZ Callbook and checked the VK one.

The VK CB lookup in Pathfinder fails as it points to the old ACA address. The organisation is now called the ACMA.

The address for looking up VK's is now https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/register_search.main_page

+ The Australian online callbook lookup search was updated in August of 2020. You can obtain the current search file here:

www.dxlabsuite.com/pathfinder/searches/VK.txt

+ Download this file into Pathfinder's Searches folder, replacing the existing file with the same name.

Charlie VK5VC

Thanks Dave and Greg.
I assumed that it would be updated when Pathfinder was updated as i am running the latest version.

All good now.
Thanks
Charlie VK5VC

I assumed that it would be updated when Pathfinder was updated as i am running the latest version.

+ Individual search updates are immediate, and independent of Pathfinder version updates. You can at any time obtain a full search library update, as described here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/UpdateSearchLibrary

Björn (SM0SBL)

I updated as of your instructions but the french callbook does not work, at least not for me.
The web page seam to have changed name to nomenclature.r-e-f.org
If I manually edit the F.txt and change all web references to this it works like a charm.
Regards
--
Björn, SM0SBL

Phil Cooper

Bjorn and the group,

I've just tried modifying the French callbook lookup, and cannot get it to work with your link.
I have put the following into the F.txt file:
{SearchName}F Callbook
{SearchURL}http://nomenclature.r-e-f.org/
{SearchPostData}rtype=IND&req={TargetCallsign}
{SearchHeaders}Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded{13}{10}Host: nomenclature.r-e-f.org/{13}{10}Referer: http://nomenclature.r-e-f.org/{13}{10}
{SearchCaption}F CB
{SearchTooltip}click to search the French Callbook

Clearly, I have something wrong in there, and I am suspecting it will be in the SearchPostData or SearchHeaders lines.

Any ideas?

Dave AA6YQ, I modified the VK callbook, and that now works fine - thanks for the new link.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

I updated as of your instructions but the french callbook does not work, at least not for me.
The web page seam to have changed name to nomenclature.r-e-f.org <http://nomenclature.r-e-f.org/> If I manually edit the F.txt and change all web references to this it works like a charm.

+Thanks Björn. Unfortunately, web-based sources of QSL information are occasionally relocated without warning.

+ Please attach your updated F.txt file to an email message and send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+ so that I can distribute it to the DXLab user community.

Björn (SM0SBL)

Dave: will do when at the computer
Phil: I had to restart PathFinder to make it work.
--
Björn, SM0SBL

Phil Cooper

Hi Bjorn,

I did do that, but it still failed.
I suspect I have something wrong in one of the fields, but cannot work out what.

73 de Phil GU0SUP