uploading mode Q65 contacts (Lang:EN)

Jay KA9CFD

Thank you Dave for looking into this.

73 Jay KA9CFD

Dave AA6YQ

Thanks, Dave! I'll assume that you'll be implementing Q65 support in the same way you have implemented support for the other ADIF
submodes; please let me know when that's been completed so that I can inform the DXLab user community. Enjoy your diving!

DXLab users: please hold off on submitting Q65 QSOs to eQSL until eQSL has been updated to accept this new mode.

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2021 9:48 PM
To: Dave AA6YQ; Dave Morris N5UP
Cc: 'Jay Hainline'; support1@...; DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: uploading mode Q65 contacts (Lang:EN)

Hi Dave,

I'm out of town on a dive trip. I have not yet implemented the recent ADIF version. Here's what is currently supported until I get
back later this coming week:
http://eqsl.cc/qslcard/ADIFContentSpecs.cfm

Dave N5UP

From my wire-wrapped S-100 bus computer

Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2021 12:03:25 PM
To: Dave Morris N5UP <N5UP@...>; Dave Morris <dave@...>; 'Dave Morris N5UP' <N5UP@...>
Cc: 'Jay Hainline' <ka9cfd@...>; support1@... <support1@...>; DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io>
Subject: RE: uploading mode Q65 contacts (Lang:EN)

Dave,

Up to this point in time, eQSL.cc has required QSOs made in "ADIF Submodes" like FT8 and FT4 to be submitted to eQSL.cc as Modes,
e.g.

<MODE:3>FT8

and

<MODE:3>FT4

despite the fact that their representation in ADIF are

<MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>FT8

and

<MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>FT4

respectively.

Jay KA9CFD reports that eQSL is rejecting his submission of a QSO made with Q65, and your volunteer F6DKQ respond to his query via
email (appended below) by stating that Q65 QSOs must be submitted with

<MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>Q65

Is this correct? If so, which "ADIF Submodes" must be submitted as Modes, and which must be submitted as Submodes?

Dave, AA6YQ

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "ka9cfd@..." <ka9cfd@...>
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021, 11:01:03 AM UTC
Subject: uploading mode Q65 contacts (Lang:EN)

HI,

The webmaster has already been noticed, I can't tell you more

if you upload qso's as MFSK/Q65, they will be accepted, only the manual entry is impossible

Q65 is not a mode but a submode.

F6DKQ

Support Volunteer

At 10:41 23-Apr-2021 you wrote:

I have several mode Q65 contacts that I want to upload to eQSL. Please advise when this mode will be accepted. The ADIF committee
has approved this mode now. Thanks.(Please do not delete or change this [TRACKID=EQVHU330221D] so we can track our
conversation!)(Replying to ka9cfd@...)

Dave AA6YQ

Dave,

Up to this point in time, eQSL.cc has required QSOs made in "ADIF Submodes" like FT8 and FT4 to be submitted to eQSL.cc as Modes, e.g.

<MODE:3>FT8

and

<MODE:3>FT4

despite the fact that their representation in ADIF are

<MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>FT8

and

<MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>FT4

respectively.

Jay KA9CFD reports that eQSL is rejecting his submission of a QSO made with Q65, and your volunteer F6DKQ respond to his query via email (appended below) by stating that Q65 QSOs must be submitted with

<MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>Q65

Is this correct? If so, which "ADIF Submodes" must be submitted as Modes, and which must be submitted as Submodes?

Dave, AA6YQ

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "ka9cfd@..." <ka9cfd@...>
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021, 11:01:03 AM UTC
Subject: uploading mode Q65 contacts (Lang:EN)

HI,

The webmaster has already been noticed, I can't tell you more

if you upload qso's as MFSK/Q65, they will be accepted, only the manual entry is impossible

Q65 is not a mode but a submode.

F6DKQ

Support Volunteer

At 10:41 23-Apr-2021 you wrote:

I have several mode Q65 contacts that I want to upload to eQSL. Please advise when this mode will be accepted. The ADIF committee has approved this mode now. Thanks.(Please do not delete or change this [TRACKID=EQVHU330221D] so we can track our conversation!)(Replying to ka9cfd@...)