WW 9.3.7 PSK output tones seem to be low freq

Jon Baker

Started WW and selected PSK31.
noticed the tones coming out seemed low freq,  less than 400Hz,  as though LF hum present.
much different from previous operation as I recall.

Disconnected everything from the PC and the tones from the PC speaker were still Low freq
thought I might have an open ground etc.  checked all connections OK
Tone test  with the PC only sounded normal.

Started Multipsk for comparison and the PSK31  tones sounded clean and
in the  2k+ freq range  as expected.
Is the PSK LF sounding tones  normal for WW  or am I missing something ?

73
Stan  N1ZX

Joe Subich, W4TV

Is the PSK LF sounding tones normal for WW or am I missing
something ?
What tone have you selected in the WW waterfall? Look for the
"decode lines".

On 2021-04-23 10:17 AM, Jon Baker wrote:
Started WW and selected PSK31.
noticed the tones coming out seemed low freq,  less than 400Hz,  as though LF hum present.
much different from previous operation as I recall.
Disconnected everything from the PC and the tones from the PC speaker were still Low freq
thought I might have an open ground etc.  checked all connections OK
Tone test  with the PC only sounded normal.
Started Multipsk for comparison and the PSK31  tones sounded clean and
in the  2k+ freq range  as expected.
Is the PSK LF sounding tones  normal for WW  or am I missing something ?
73
Stan  N1ZX

Jon Baker

Thanks for responding Joe.
sorry if I didn't make it clear that I was referring to the
transmit tones

Joe Subich, W4TV

Jon,

sorry if I didn't make it clear that I was referring to the
transmit tones
Transmit and receive tones are the same in PSK##. You transmit
on the same "tone" you are receiving.

Again, where are the "decode lines" in WW (there up to three -
one for each decode window)? Which decode window is "active"
for transmit?

On 2021-04-23 1:15 PM, Jon Baker wrote:
Thanks for responding Joe.
sorry if I didn't make it clear that I was referring to the
transmit tones

Started WW and selected PSK31.
noticed the tones coming out seemed low freq, less than 400Hz, as though LF hum present.
much different from previous operation as I recall.

Disconnected everything from the PC and the tones from the PC speaker were still Low freq thought I might have an open ground etc. checked all connections OK Tone test with the PC only sounded normal.

Started Multipsk for comparison and the PSK31 tones sounded clean and in the 2k+ freq range as expected.
Is the PSK LF sounding tones normal for WW or am I missing something ?

+ The last update to WinWarbler (9.3.7) was released back in February, so any change in behavior is most likely the result of a change in your hardware or software. As a first step, terminate WinWarbler, and direct the Launcher to restore WinWarbler's settings from the Workspace you maintain with "known working settings".

Jon Baker

Thanks for responding Dave.
Restoring WW to an earlier Workspace cleared the problem of low freq. sounding tones from PSK.
just to mention, There were no noted differences between the bad WS
and the Good WS settings    in the Config  for WW and Commander

73
Stan N1ZX

Thanks for responding Dave.
Restoring WW to an earlier Workspace cleared the problem of low freq. sounding tones from PSK.
just to mention, There were no noted differences between the bad WS
and the Good WS settings in the Config for WW and Commander

+ If there were no differences, then restoring settings from the Workspace would not have corrected the problem.