Adding new contests?

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
I'm in the middle of getting used to the DXLabs suite (having previously used SwissLog, and a custom log database before that), and I am used to using N1MM+ for contests, which I import into DXKeeper afterwards. Is there a mechanism for adding new contests to DXKeeper, or should I just let it import whatever contest id N1MM+ puts into the log? I've noticed that there are some contests where the contest id that N1MM+ uses is different from the id that DXKeeper uses (e.g. CWOPS CWT), so I'm used to using the Contest Id replacement in the import for those. I'm just wondering if I need to worry about contests that DXK doesn't have an id for.

+ DXKeeper's ContestID selectors are pre-populated with the ContestIDs specified by ADIF:

http://adif.org.uk/311/ADIF_311_annotated.htm#Contest_ID

+ but you can type in any contest identifier that you wish.

Dave, AA6YQ

Ben Coleman NJ8J

I'm in the middle of getting used to the DXLabs suite (having previously used SwissLog, and a custom log database before that), and I am used to using N1MM+ for contests, which I import into DXKeeper afterwards. Is there a mechanism for adding new contests to DXKeeper, or should I just let it import whatever contest id N1MM+ puts into the log? I've noticed that there are some contests where the contest id that N1MM+ uses is different from the id that DXKeeper uses (e.g. CWOPS CWT), so I'm used to using the Contest Id replacement in the import for those. I'm just wondering if I need to worry about contests that DXK doesn't have an id for.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman nj8j@benshome.net
"I love the way Microsoft follows standards. In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."
Paul Tomblin