Commander 15.0.9 is available

Dave AA6YQ

If you are using Window Defender Antivirus (Windows 10), update it to its latest malware definition in

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

before installing or upgrading to Commander 15.0.9

This release

- updates CW speed shown in Main window's Mode panel when it changes (tnx to Norm KC1BMD)

- correctly display spectrum data from an Icom transceiver if started with low-pass filtering enabled with a value of 1 (tnx to
Floyd K9AC)

- when controlling an Elecraft K3, KX3, or KX2 whose firmware supports the SW command, display the SWR while transmitting (tnx to
Phil F5PHW and Greg VK3VT)

- updates the TXMeter.htm documentation file

Notes

1. in this version, the Secondary CAT Port's "CAT Protocol" selector can be set to "FlexRadio PGXL", but this is not yet working
correctly with a FlexRadio PGXL amplifier.

2. Update your firewall and anti-malware applications to consider this new version of Commander to be "safe"

- 0 of 56 antivirus scanners accessible via Virus Total detected malware <https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload>

- 0 of 15 antivirus scanners accessible via Jotti detected malware <https://virusscan.jotti.org/>

- submitted for online analysis by Microsoft Windows Defender: no malware detected

3. If this upgrade doesn't work correctly, see the "After an Upgrade" section of
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationStoppedWorking

4. After upgrading, to revert to the previous version of Commander, see
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RevertApplicationVersion

Commander 15.0.9 is available via the DXLab Launcher and via

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm

Anthony W. DePrato

At 01:52 AM 4/12/2021, you wrote:
If you are using Window Defender Antivirus (Windows 10), update it to its latest malware definition in

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

before installing or upgrading to Commander 15.0.9

Well I am not running Defender but am Running AVG freeversion.. and as soon as i opened dxlab and started commander it came up that avg sent it to the Q file.. so now commender .exe is gone but the upgraded versions are still listed. states com.exe not found.
i have searched my computer and cmd.exe is not found. nor can i find the Q files for AVG. . is there a better way to get commander back other then copy and paste off of one of the other shack computers . they are all HP Smarttouch units.
thanks for any help
73 Tony WA4JQS

P.S. I did try renaming one of the updated versions to .exe but that did not work.

At 01:52 AM 4/12/2021, you wrote:
If you are using Window Defender Antivirus (Windows 10), update it to
its latest malware definition in

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

before installing or upgrading to Commander 15.0.9

Well I am not running Defender but am Running AVG freeversion.. and as soon as i opened dxlab and started commander it came up that
avg sent it to the Q file.. so now commender .exe is gone but the upgraded versions are still listed. states com.exe not found.
i have searched my computer and cmd.exe is not found. nor can i find the Q files for AVG. . is there a better way to get commander
back other then copy and paste off of one of the other shack computers .
they are all HP Smarttouch units.
thanks for any help

+ On the "DXLab Apps" tab of the Launcher's Configuration window, clicking Commander's Restore button will restore the executable
file, but I suspect that your anti-malware application will quarantine it again unless you first declare it to be "safe".

neil_zampella

AVG, even the free version, has a setting to find the quarantined
file.     I'm not sure what version you're using but if you look under
the menu, tools section, there should be a selection for Quarantine.
The file 'should' be listed there.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 4/12/2021 2:39 PM, Anthony W. DePrato wrote:
At 01:52 AM 4/12/2021, you wrote:
[...]

KA9JAC

If it seems to be missing and you are quite sure AVG grabbed it,
open AVG
Click Menu (upper right) scroll down to Tools and select Quarantine
Locate the file you need and give it a check mark
on the bottom of the page alongside Delete Selected, click on the circled ...
from there select restore and add exception.

73
Bob, KA9JAC

At 01:52 AM 4/12/2021, you wrote:
If you are using Window Defender Antivirus (Windows 10), update it to its latest malware definition in

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

before installing or upgrading to Commander 15.0.9

Well I am not running Defender but am Running AVG freeversion.. and as soon as i opened dxlab and started commander it came up that avg sent it to the Q file.. so now commender .exe is gone but the upgraded versions are still listed. states com.exe not found.
i have searched my computer and cmd.exe is not found. nor can i find the Q files for AVG. . is there a better way to get commander back other then copy and paste off of one of the other shack computers . they are all HP Smarttouch units.
thanks for any help
73 Tony WA4JQS

P.S. I did try renaming one of the updated versions to .exe but that did not work.

https://www.avg.com

Anthony W. DePrato

Neil
thanks for the info.. that is what i did..
73 Tony wa4jqs

At 04:00 PM 4/12/2021, you wrote:
AVG, even the free version, has a setting to find the quarantined
file.    I'm not sure what version you're using but if you look under
the menu, tools section, there should be a selection for Quarantine.Â
The file 'should' be listed there.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Jim N7US

Thanks for the update, Dave, and all that you do for us.

I'm not seeing the SWR with my K3S while transmitting. Where should I be looking?

I am using Win4K3Suite to control the radio, with the radio connected to that program. Might that be the cause?

73, Jim N7US

On 2021-04-14 6:29 PM, Jim N7US wrote:
I am using Win4K3Suite to control the radio, with the radio
connected to that program. Might that be the cause?
Yes, contact the developer of Win4K3Suite to see if it passes
the "report SWR" command.

[...]

+ It might. Try connecting Commander directly to your K3S. What happens?

bill steffey NY9H

swr shows  right where   s meter  reading shows when in receive ..

On 4/14/2021 6:29 PM, Jim N7US wrote:
[...]

+ It looks like Win4K3Suite is not conveying the "report SWR" command from Commander to the K3S, or the response from the K3S back to Commander.

On 4/14/2021 6:29 PM, Jim N7US wrote:
Thanks for the update, Dave, and all that you do for us.

I'm not seeing the SWR with my K3S while transmitting. Where should I be looking?

I am using Win4K3Suite to control the radio, with the radio connected to that program. Might that be the cause?

73, Jim N7US

Daniel Violette

I had same issue with a K3 not seeing the SWR in commander during TX.  Looked in old messages and realized the “Interrogation on TX” needs to be OFF (unchecked).  Then works fine.  Dan KI6X

I had same issue with a K3 not seeing the SWR in commander during TX. Looked in old messages and realized the "Interrogation on TX"
needs to be OFF (unchecked). Then works fine. Dan KI6X

+ Yes, the "No interrogation while transmitting" option (Configuration window, General tab) must be disabled.

Larry Christensen

Dave
I am having the same problem. The K-3 is not showing SWR in commander. The no interrogation box is not checked. I only have commander running. Updated the MS per the original instructions.  I have rebooted the computer, the vfo A displays but no SWR. The CW speed does display.
I’ll have two more unrelated questions after this is solved.

Thank you 73
Larry NA0F

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ questions below
I am having the same problem. The K-3 is not showing SWR in commander. The no interrogation box is not checked. I only have commander running. Updated the MS per the original instructions.  I have rebooted the computer, the vfo A displays but no SWR. The CW speed does display.

+ Is Commander directly connected to your K3 via a serial port or USB-to-serial-port adaptor?

+ Are you running the most recent version of K3 firmware?

Larry Christensen

Usb to ser.
Yes on SW.
This is the only “issue” I’ve had with any of the DX Lab. Other than not knowing what I’m doing.😁

Larry NA0F

Usb to ser.
Yes on SW.
This is the only “issue” I’ve had with any of the DX Lab. Other than not knowing what I’m doing.😁

+ OK. Please do the following:

1. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, check the "log debugging info" box

2. terminate Commander

3. find a clear CW frequency, set your K3 to CW mode, set its CW speed to the minimum, and set its RF output power to the minimum

4. start Commander, and wait till it is fully initialized

5. send a series of dashes for 10 seconds

6. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, uncheck the "log debugging info" box

7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Commander folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Mike Flowers

Just as a point of reference:

I’m running my K3 with Commander 15.0.9 via a serial port and the following K3 firmware:

MCU 05.67

FPF 01.26

DSP1 02.88

DSP2 02.88

These versions appear to be the latest from Elecraft.

Commander reports SWR during TX.

I am having the same problem. The K-3 is not showing SWR in commander. The no interrogation box is not checked. I only have commander running. Updated the MS per the original instructions.  I have rebooted the computer, the vfo A displays but no SWR. The CW speed does display.
I’ll have two more unrelated questions after this is solved.

Thank you 73
Larry NA0F

Ed W2LCQ

Are SWR and keying speed available to IC 7300 users? I have the box unchecked but don’t see either on my DXC display. Not a major issue. Thanks.

73, de W2LCQ, Ed Jones

The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another.” —-Nicola Tesla

On Apr 17, 2021, at 4:15 PM, Larry Christensen <ncelarry@...> wrote:

Usb to ser.
Yes on SW.
This is the only “issue” I’ve had with any of the DX Lab. Other than not knowing what I’m doing.😁

Larry NA0F

Dave AA6YQ

Are SWR and keying speed available to IC 7300 users? I have the box unchecked but don’t see either on my DXC display.

+ As shown in the IC-7300 entry in the table in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/TXMeter.htm

+ Commander's VFO panel can display RF power, SWR, ALC, Compression, final amplifier voltage, or final amplifier current when transmitting. Use the "Xmit Meter" selector on the Configuration window's General tab to choose the parameter you wish to monitor while transmitting.

+ When your IC-7300 is in CW mode, the Mode panel on Commander's Main window displays the current keyer speed.