Panadapter software and Spectrum Display

Dick Grote

Okay, thanks.  I'll stay tuned.

Thanks for all you do.

Dick
K6PBF

I think I understand current usage models.  I've used both Spectrum Waterfall (I used the wrong term for it on the original post) on the IC-7300 and I've also used the the secondary CAT port to control SDR radios used as panadaptors on 3 radios over the years.

I thought that I've read in previous posts that at some point you intended to extend Spectrum Waterfall spot identification capability using the RSPlay SDR's either through an extended version of Spectrum Waterfall or through interoperation with existing SDR software such as SDRuro.  I was just trying to get a jump on choosing SDR software for an external panadaptor so that I'd be ready when you introduce your software extension to DXLabs.

+ I have not yet decided what approach I will take to displaying color-coded active callsigns in a panadaptor driven by a low-cost SDR like those available from SDRplay.

Dick Grote

Thanks for your reply, Dave.

I think I understand current usage models.  I've used both Spectrum Waterfall (I used the wrong term for it on the original post) on the IC-7300 and I've also used the the secondary CAT port to control SDR radios used as panadaptors on 3 radios over the years.

I thought that I've read in previous posts that at some point you intended to extend Spectrum Waterfall spot identification capability using the RSPlay SDR's either through an extended version of Spectrum Waterfall or through interoperation with existing SDR software such as SDRuro.  I was just trying to get a jump on choosing SDR software for an external panadaptor so that I'd be ready when you introduce your software extension to DXLabs.

I'm sorry if I am not clear on what I'm asking.   It isn't a big deal, but I've learned from setting up a panadaptor before that it's a bit of a pain to get everything working together and I was just hoping to do it once only.

Thanks and 73,
--
Dick
K6PBF

I found using the Spectrum Display with my ICOM 7300 very useful.  Recently I've moved to a new transciever and intend to connect a RSPlay as an external panadapter.  I'd like to choose panadapter software that likely will work when the Spectrum Display feature is extended to the RSPlay.  When I've set up the RSPlay previously as a panadapter on the 7300 and other rigs, I used SDRConsole software, but I know that isn't a candidate for Spectrum Display integration.  Any guidance on what panadapter software that will likely  be compatible with Spectrum Display?

+ Commander's "Spectrum -Waterfall" window is available when it is controlling an Icom IC-705, IC-7300, IC-7610, IC-785X, or IC-9700 transceiver.

+ Commander also interoperates with SmartSDR, the panadaptor provided by Flex for control of its Signature series of SDR transceivers, displaying active callsigns color-coded for "need" and participation in eQSL and LoTW.

+ Frequency and mode tracking with many other panadaptors can typically be accomplished using Commander's Secondary CAT Port, as described in "Interoperating with Software-defined Radios, Consoles, and Panadaptors":

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SDRTopics

Dick Grote