DX Keeper and upload to LotW

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

Is all LoTW processing first cone first served or do small uploads get any priority?

+ First-come, first served. If small uploads were given priority, every logging application would break large uploads into groups of uploads small enough to have priority - accomplishing nothing except lowering aggregate throughput.

Dave, AA6YQ

Gilbert Baron W0MN

Is all LoTW processing first cone first served or do small uploads get any priority?

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 18:43
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] DX Keeper and upload to LotW

+ AA6YQ comment below

I have now confirmed that uploading my QSOs to LoTW now works! I am a very happy camper. There is a very slight delay but nothing serious.

+ QSOs submitted to LoTW are placed in a queue that is processed in arrival order by the LoTW Server. The ARRL maintains a web page that shows the expected processing delay at the beginning of the most recent hour, and at the beginning of the 11 preceding hours:

http://www.arrl.org/logbook-queue-status

+ On the QSL tab of DXKeeper's Main window with the "QSL Via" panel set to LoTW, clicking the "Check LoTW Queue" button will display the expected processing delay as of the beginning of the most recent hour.

+ Generally, this delay is about 1 minute, but it can increase substantially when a log containing hundreds of thousands of QSOs is submitted to LoTW. Immediately after a contest, the expected processing delay is often denominated in hours.

Dave, AA6YQ

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment below
I have now confirmed that uploading my QSOs to LoTW now works! I am a very happy camper. There is a very slight delay but nothing serious.

+ QSOs submitted to LoTW are placed in a queue that is processed in arrival order by the LoTW Server. The ARRL maintains a web page that shows the expected processing delay at the beginning of the most recent hour, and at the beginning of the 11 preceding hours:

http://www.arrl.org/logbook-queue-status

+ On the QSL tab of DXKeeper's Main window with the "QSL Via" panel set to LoTW, clicking the "Check LoTW Queue" button will display the expected processing delay as of the beginning of the most recent hour.

+ Generally, this delay is about 1 minute, but it can increase substantially when a log containing hundreds of thousands of QSOs is submitted to LoTW. Immediately after a contest, the expected processing delay is often denominated in hours.

Dave, AA6YQ

Serge Bertuzzo

Hi Dave. T

Have a great day and thank you once again for your ongoing support and assistance.

Serge
VA3SB

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I still have an issue uploading QSOs to LoTW.
I downloaded the latest version of the Gateway program (1.2.1) as you suggested. I have the "Upload to LoTW" checked.

In the DXKeeper Export QSOs tab I have "Export standard ADIF for LoTW" checked.

+ That setting is not relevant to automatically uploading QSOs to LoTW. It's only used when exporting a file to be manually uploaded.

Now when I log a contact (presently operating in the BARTG RTTY contest, the DXKeeper Gateway window indicates that the call has been logged and I get a pop up window indicating the the QSO has been uploaded to LoTW.
All seems to be working - however, when I go to my LoTW account and log in to check that the QSO has been logged, I do not see any of my recent contest QSO's.
Is there a delay to get the QSO uploaded?

+ No, but there can be a delay in LoTW processing your uploaded QSOs.

+ Have the QSOs you logged directly in DXKeeper before the contest appeared in LoTW?

+ Please check LoTW again an hour from now; are your uploaded QSOs present?

Dave, AA6YQ

Serge Bertuzzo

Good morning Dave/group. 

I still have an issue uploading QSOs to LoTW.
I downloaded the latest version of the Gateway program (1.2.1) as you suggested. I have the "Upload to LoTW" checked. 
In the DXKeeper Export QSOs tab I have "Export standard ADIF for LoTW"  checked. Now when I log a contact (presently operating in the BARTG RTTY contest, the DXKeeper Gateway window 
indicates that the call has been logged and I get a pop up window indicating the the QSO has been uploaded to LoTW. 
All seems to be working - however, when I go to my LoTW account and log in to check that the QSO has been logged, I do not see any of my recent contest QSO's. 
Is there a delay to get the QSO uploaded? Is this normal behavior?

Thank you for your assistance/feedback. 

Regards

Serge
VA3SB

Serge Bertuzzo

Thank you very much for your prompt response Dave.
While I made sure all of the software I was using was the latest version, I confess that I did not check for a recent version of the N1MM+ DXKeeper Gateway software. 
My apologies. I have downloaded the latest version and will try it out. 

Keep up the great work. 

Serge
VA3SB

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have looked around the documentation/archives and have not been able to find a solution to uploading QSOs to LotW using N1MM+ DXKeeper Gateway software. I am using all of the latest version of the software mentioned below.

I log all my qso's to DXKeeper. When using WSJT-X and JTAlert, I have the software set up so that it automatically logs the contacts to DX Keeper.
I also have DXKeeper set up so that any contact that is logged via the capture window is uploaded to LotW. I can see when this is happening as I see a window indicating that the QSO is being uploaded to LotW.
If I make a contact and then go to the LotW site I can verify that the qso has indeed been uploaded.
My issue is when I use DXKeeper and N1MM DXKeeper Gateway. When making qsos with N1MM (say in a CW contest) even though I do see that QSO's are being logged in DXKeeper, if I go to LotW I do not see the latest contact(s) with the stations that I just worked.

I thought I had everything set up properly in DXKeeper as it seems to work when using WSJT and JTAlert software. Perhaps uploading automatically to LotW does not work when using the N1MM+ DXKeeper Gateway program for some reason? Please let me know if you require any additional information on my setup.

Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciate. Thank you very much in advance.

+ Did you check the "Upload to LoTW" box on the N1MM-DXKeeper Gateway window's Main window?

+ If this box is not present, upgrade to version 1.2.1 of the Gateway, which is available here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/N1MM-DXKeeper/index.htm

Dave, AA6YQ

Serge Bertuzzo

Hello to the group. 

I have looked around the documentation/archives and have not been able to find a solution to  uploading QSOs to LotW using N1MM+ DXKeeper Gateway software. I am using all of the latest version of the software mentioned below. 

I log all my qso's to DXKeeper. When using WSJT-X and JTAlert, I have the software set up so that it automatically logs the contacts to DX Keeper. 
I also have DXKeeper set up so that any contact that is logged via the capture window is uploaded to LotW. I can see when this is happening as I see a window indicating that the QSO is being uploaded to LotW. 
If I make a contact and then go to the LotW site I can verify that the qso has indeed been uploaded. 
My issue is when I use DXKeeper and N1MM DXKeeper Gateway. When making qsos with N1MM (say in a CW contest) even though I do see that QSO's are being logged in DXKeeper, if I go to LotW I do not see the latest contact(s) with the stations that I just worked. 

I thought I had everything set up properly in DXKeeper as it seems to work when using WSJT and JTAlert software. Perhaps uploading automatically to LotW does not work when using the N1MM+ DXKeeper Gateway program for some reason? Please let me know if you require any additional information on my setup. 

Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciate. Thank you very much in advance.

Serge
VA3SB