DX Marathon Progress report

Mike KC7V

I believed I may have messed up my registration entries when trying to switch between two logs.  I hope I have that straightened out.  However, now when I run the Marathon report for 2021 I do not get any data.  I have over 3,000 qsos in the log since Jan 1.  I've done the recompute but no difference.

What am I missing?
Mike
KC7V

Phil Deaver

Dave sent this procedure previously.
Phil WR7T

Resetting Realtime CQ DX Marathon Award Tracking at the Beginning of Each Year

At the beginning of a new calendar year, reset DXLab's Realtime Award Tracking for CQ DX Marathon by performing these actions in the specified order:

  1. In the "Marathon Bands & Modes" panel on the Awards tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, select the bands and modes on which an active DX station should be highlighted and announced by SpotCollector as needed for CQ DX Marathon during the new year

    1. check the Mixed box if you're considering submitting a Mixed Category Score Sheet at the end of the year

    2. check the box for each Band for which you're considering submitting a single-band Category Score Sheet at the end of the year
    3. check the box for each Mode for which you're considering submitting a single-mode Category Score Sheet at the end of the year
    4. if the Realtime Award Progress box is not already checked, terminate SpotCollector, and then check it

    5. click the Year, Category, Score Sheet Info button to display the Marathon Year, Category, and Score Sheet Information window; in this window,

      1. set the Current year to the new year (e.g. 2021)

      2. download the new CQ Marathon Excel Scoresheet into DXKeeper's Databases folder (or any other folder you prefer)

      3. click the Select button to select the pathname into which you downloaded the new Excel Scoresheet

      4. confirm that the correct version is displayed beneath the Excel Scoresheet pathname.

  2. On the Check Progress tab of DXKeeper's Main window, click the Recompute button

  3. On the Spot Database tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, click the Recomputation panel's Recomp button

To generate a Marathon Progress report for a year other than the current year specified in the Marathon Year, Category, and Score Sheet Information window, depress the CTRL key while clicking the CQ DX Marathon panel's Progress button, and you'll be able to specify the year for which the Progress Report is generated.

To generate a Marathon Submission for a year other than the current year specified in the Marathon Year, Category, and Score Sheet Information window, depress the CTRL key while clicking the CQ DX Marathon panel's Submission button, and you'll be able to specify the year for which the Submission is generated.

Mike KC7V

Thanks Phil.  I did all those things and it still did not populate.  After further digging this morning I figured it out.

It started because I believe I changed to a different log incorrectly and somehow hosed my settings in my primary call.

Here is what I found that fixed it.

If the Include QSOs with no propagation mode box is unchecked, QSOs whose propagation mode is unspecified will not be included.

I do not have a propagation mode checked for HF qsos.   I had to go into Config under the Awards tab and click on "inlcude QSOs with no prop mode" for the report to work properly.  When I changed logs my registration entries changed (probably because I had not updated them or from the 2nd log change) and that was no longer clicked.

It is now working again.
73,
Mike
KC7V

Thanks Phil.  I did all those things and it still did not populate.  After further digging this morning I figured it out.

It started because I believe I changed to a different log incorrectly and somehow hosed my settings in my primary call.

Here is what I found that fixed it.

If the Include QSOs with no propagation mode box is unchecked, QSOs whose propagation mode is unspecified will not be included.

I do not have a propagation mode checked for HF qsos.   I had to go into Config under the Awards tab and click on "inlcude QSOs with no prop mode" for the report to work properly.  When I changed logs my registration entries changed (probably because I had not updated them or from the 2nd log change) and that was no longer clicked.

It is now working again.

+ The  CQ DX Marathon Progress report has been working correctly all along.

+ CQ DX Marathon rules prohibit QSOs made with terrestrial repeaters. To enable ops who log such QSOs to generate accurate Marathon Progress reports, these QSOs must be excluded. Each QSO's "Propagation Mode" item is employed to do that. If your QSOs don't specify a "Progagation Mode" item, you can quickly compensate by enabling the "include QSOs with no prop mode" option.

+ However, the proper solution is to

1. Update your logged QSOs without a Propagation Mode to specify the (likely) correct value in their "Prop Mode" items.

1a. Backup your log (Configuration window, Backup button)

1b. Update any QSOs you made via Backscatter (BS)

1c. Update any 10m QSOs you made via Sporadic E (ES), Transequatorial propagation (TEP). Repeaters (RPT)

1d. Update any 6m QSOs you made via Meteor Scatter (MS), Earth-Moon-Earth (EME), Repeaters (RPT) or F2

1e. Filter the Log Page Display to contain all QSOs whose "Prop Mode" items are empty and whose frequencies are less than 30 mHz

1f. Use the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's "Modify QSOs" panel to set the "Prop Mode" items in all logged QSOs to F2

1g. Filter the Log Page Display to contain all QSOs whose "Prop Mode" items are empty and whose frequencies are less than 54 mHz

1f. Use the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's "Modify QSOs" panel to set the "Prop Mode" items in all logged QSOs to Sporadic E (ES)

2. On the Configuration window's Defaults tab, set the "Propagation Mode" selector to the propagation mode you most frequently employ (likely F2).

+ When you're likely to make a set of QSOs using a propagation mode other than your default, temporarily change the default propagation mode, and restore it when finished. Alternatively, log those QSOs with your default propagation mode, backup your log, filter the Log Page Display to select those QSOs, and use the "Modify QSO" panel to correct their "Prop Mode" items; f you have automatic uploading to eQSL or LoTW enabled, re-upload those QSOs.