QSO logging in DX keeper

I have been using the subject for about a week now.

+ Welcome to DXLab!

I really like the integration with commander and the ability to fill in the QSO fields automatically (bare with me....I have been out of this hobby for a while!).
Anyway, I would like to enter comments about the QSO but I don't see a specific field for that. I could use QTH or maybe the QSL comments, but I thought there should be a comment field maybe?
Suggestions? Or maybe this is user error?

+ DXKeeper can record a Comment with each logged QSO, along with more than 100 other items. They're documented here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Items.htm

+ Note that they are organized into 8 groups, corresponding to 8 panels you can make accessible on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab. The first screen shot in "Getting Started with Logging" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/Logging

+ shows how to make the Auxiliary and QSL panels accessible. The Comment item you seek resides in the Details panel, which can be made visible by checking the Details box in the vertical column of checkboxes highlighted in the "Getting Started with Logging" article.

+ Most users log new QSOs with the Capture window, using the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab to view/edit QSOs already logged, or to log "already completed" QSOs from a paper logbook. The "Getting Started with Logging" article illustrates expanding the Capture window to make all of its items accessible. Note that the "comment" item resides in the 10th row of boxes, with a button labeled ~ to its right. Clicking this ~ button provides access to the "QSL msg" item; clicking the ~ button again restores access to the "Comment" item.]

+ While every button, box, and selector in every DXLab application will display an explanatory popup if you let your mouse cursor hover over it for a second or three, there is way too much functionality to learn by wandering around. I strongly recommend reviewing "Getting Started with DXLab" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted

+ and following the advice it offers in the "Reference Documentation" section near the top. Take your time, and don't hesitate to post questions here.

Bill Pence

There are some click buttons on dxkeeper that show more fields. I think the comments are within the "details" button but I'm not in front of logging pc right now to confirm.

I tried to find in help files. If you open the capture window in dxkeeper, alt-e moves to comments.

ND9G Mike

" I would like to enter comments about the QSO but I don't see a specific field for that. I could use QTH or maybe the QSL comments, but I thought there should be a comment field maybe?
Suggestions?"

If you're using the capture window to enter QSOs, expand the window by dragging the top/bottom edges. There is a comment field there you can enter.

If you're entering them directly on the log page display, click the box to enable the "Details" panel, there is a comment field there.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 9:16 AM Lance HP <lstronk@...> wrote:
I have been using the subject for about a week now. I really like the integration with commander and the ability to fill in the QSO fields automatically (bare with me....I have been out of this hobby for a while!).
Anyway, I would like to enter comments about the QSO but I don't see a specific field for that. I could use QTH or maybe the QSL comments, but I thought there should be a comment field maybe?
Suggestions? Or maybe this is user error?

Lance HP