Topics

DXKeeper grid search?

Jeff Krenz

Thanks, that's what I needed! K4LG

You can use a SQL query to filter your log.

see: https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/SQL.htm

Grid 1 field name is GridSquare
Grid 2 field name is App_DXKeeper_Grid2

Grid 3 is App_DXKeeper_Grid3
Grid 4 is App_DXKeeper_Grid4

+ Filtering the Log Page Display with an SQL expression like

Gridsquare like 'FN42*'

* will filter the Log Page Display to contain all QSOs whose "Grid 1" items begin with FN42. However, it will not show QSOs containing FN42 in their Grid2, Grid3, or Grid4 items (recorded in QSOs with stations operating on grid borders), and you'll have to modify it for each grid square you're hunting. If you'll be doing this with any frequency,

1. on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, click the Adv button to open the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window

2. in the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window's "SQL Query Filters" panel, choose the first unused row of boxes and

2a. set the Caption box to

Grid

2b. paste the following into the "SQL expression" box

(GRIDSQUARE LIKE '<filtertextbox>*') or (App_DXKeeper_Grid2 LIKE '<filtertextbox>*') or (App_DXKeeper_Grid3 LIKE '<filtertextbox>*') or (App_DXKeeper_Grid4 LIKE '<filtertextbox>*')

3. In the Filter panel at the bottom of the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, click the ~ button at the right side of the panel. A Grid button will now be accessible. Type a 4-character grid-square into the Filter panel's text box, and click the Grid button; the Log Page Display will be filtered to display all QSOs, any of whose grid items begin with those 4 characters.

4. To restore access to the built-in Filter buttons (Call, DXCC, Date, etc.), click the Filter panel's ~ button a few more times.

ND9G Mike

You can use a SQL query to filter your log.

Grid 1 field name is GridSquare
Grid 2 field name is App_DXKeeper_Grid2
Grid 3 is App_DXKeeper_Grid3
Grid 4 is App_DXKeeper_Grid4

73,
Mike ND9G

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 3:10 PM Jeff Krenz <jkvcrdr@...> wrote:
In DXKeeper, Can I search my log by the grid square info in the Grid 1 field? Thanks, K4LG

Jeff Krenz

In DXKeeper, Can I search my log by the grid square info in the Grid 1 field? Thanks, K4LG