Topics

Win10 update problem

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

No issues here with latest Win10 latest updates and DXL. I use "ASKWOODY.COM" before uploading any upgrades. I keep uploads button on hold. I also use Acronis backup. So, I can rollback. Do you use Windows Restore?

+ I strongly recommend configuring Windows to require your permission before installing an update; this provides an opportunity to check the reports of others who have installed that update. I also recommend ensuring that a "Restore Point" is created before an update as installed; if you're not sure that Windows is creating the "Restore Point" for you, manually direct it to create one.

Dave, AA6YQ

Gilbert Baron W0MN

Windows restore is useless in my opinion but Acronis has saved my butt more than once.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Denneny
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 08:54
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Win10 update problem

No issues here with latest Win10 latest updates and DXL.  I use "ASKWOODY.COM" before uploading any upgrades.  I keep uploads button on hold. I also use Acronis backup.  So, I can rollback.  Do you use Windows Restore?

73, Jim K7EG

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Jim Denneny

No issues here with latest Win10 latest updates and DXL.  I use "ASKWOODY.COM" before uploading any upgrades.  I keep uploads button on hold. I also use Acronis backup.  So, I can rollback.  Do you use Windows Restore?

73, Jim K7EG

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Win10 update has totally screwed up my PC, and has required me to, among other things, update links, etc.

DXLab will not load any of the programs. I get the following error messages

I am unsure how best to address this other than uninstall everything and reinstall the programs.

+ Attachments are not conveyed here, so I cannot see the error messages. Without seeing them, I cannot offer competent advice.

+ Please either post the text of the error messages here, or send your attachments to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ

Lou Laderman W0FK

Win10 update has totally screwed up my PC, and has required me to, among other things, update links, etc.

DXLab will not load any of the programs. I get the following error messages

I am unsure how best to address this other than uninstall everything and reinstall the programs.

Lou, W0FK