Incorrect format in frequency display

Scott Anderson

Hi All,

I'm not sure what I did, but now Commander, DXKeeper, and WinWabbler all show a funky format for the frequency.

So now:
3.925.00
Becomes:
392,500.00

It was working fine, then I was playing with some settings and can't figure out what I did to change this since this was an unintended change.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Scott
N0XJO

I'm not sure what I did, but now Commander, DXKeeper, and WinWabbler all show a funky format for the frequency.

So now:
3.925.00
Becomes:
392,500.00

It was working fine, then I was playing with some settings and can't figure out what I did to change this since this was an unintended change.

1. What make and model transceiver are you using?

2. With what settings were you playing?

3. Did you save a Workspace containing your settings before you began playing with your settings?

Scott Anderson

Hi Dave,
This is an Icom IC-775DSP.

I was just getting WinWabbler setup for the first time, so if I recall, most of my change were there. I could not get Commander or WinWabbler to transmit, so I made a change on the radio too.
Changed CI-V Transceive to Off
Changed CI-V 731 (operating frequency data length) from 5 bits to 4 bits - I did this per an old post to to get DXlab to transmit through the cv-i cable

I changed my CI-V 731 back and that seems to have fixed my display problem. Now to get WinWabbler to transmit.

And of course I didn't make a backup, lol! First lesson of computers. I'll make a backup before I change anything else.

g4wjs

On 11/12/2020 10:58, Scott Anderson wrote:
Hi Dave,
This is an Icom IC-775DSP.

I was just getting WinWabbler setup for the first time, so if I recall, most of my change were there. I could not get Commander or WinWabbler to transmit, so I made a change on the radio too.
Changed CI-V Transceive to Off
Changed CI-V 731 (operating frequency data length) from 5 bits to 4 bits - I did this per an old post to to get DXlab to transmit through the cv-i cable

I changed my CI-V 731 back and that seems to have fixed my display problem. Now to get WinWabbler to transmit.

And of course I didn't make a backup, lol! First lesson of computers. I'll make a backup before I change anything else.
Hi Scott,

CI-V IC-731 mode is archaic and was only needed when the old IC-731 was used on the same CI-V bus as a more modern Icom. The IC-31 used a different frequency format in CAT commands with a different resolution. These days almost all CI-V CAT control is done over a one-to-one CI-V connection so the IC-731 mode is never needed.

Bill

G4WJS.

This is an Icom IC-775DSP.

I was just getting WinWabbler setup for the first time, so if I recall, most of my change were there. I could not get Commander or WinWabbler to transmit, so I made a change on the radio too.
Changed CI-V Transceive to Off
Changed CI-V 731 (operating frequency data length) from 5 bits to 4 bits

+ The radio's "emulate an IC-731" setting causes it to report frequencies in a different format: 4 bytes instead of 5 bytes. If you configure the radio to emulate an IC-731, then you must configure Commander to control an IC-731; failure to do results in Commander display incorrect frequencies.

I did this per an old post to to get DXlab to transmit through the cv-i cable

+ You must have misread the "old post". The 4-byte frequency format is used by the IC-731 and IC-735; it has nothing to do with " getting DXlab to transmit through the cv-i cable"

I changed my CI-V 731 back and that seems to have fixed my display problem. Now to get WinWabbler to transmit.

+ There are step-by-step instructions for configuring WinWarbler here:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/Multimode_Setup>

+ Specific directions for configuring WinWarbler to use Commander for RX-TX switching are contained in the "PTT via Commander" section of this article;

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PTTMechanism>