DXKeeper hangs when attempting to Sync LoTW

Jon Gefaell

This only seems to happen when I have the entire DX Lab Suite of programs up and running. If I start from a fresh reboot, and only start DX Keeper I can successfully perform the sync functions. Sometimes merely closing the other DX Lab Suite programs will result in the sync functions working. This replicates with no other applications running or started other than the DX Lab Suite applications.

The failure mode is similar to those of others who have anti-malware software installed, except for the above fact that it runs under certain conditions. Also, I have no 'anti-malware' software installed other than the built-in Windows Defender. I have disabled 'real-time protection' but that has no effect on the issue.

I have created an errorlog.txt which I will forward to you by email. I am able to successfully place the URL into my browser and download the file at the same time, however. The file does not ever appear in the Databases directory.

I will do a regular reboot now, starting whichever services and background applications that populate the system tray, etc. But I will not start any other applications other than DX Launcher, then from there I will start DX Keeper. It is certain that it will function as expected then. I will create a error log from that as well in my email.

Thank you!

Jon Gefaell

Indeed, worked a charm after the reboot. I sent the error log files. Thank you sir!

Jon Gefaell

Then I started the rest of the DX Lab Suite applications (with exception of WW) and tried the LoTW sync operations which failed.
I note the last line of the error log (sent by email) has  Deletion Result = 1 instead of 0.

I use Launcher to start the suite, no third party applications are configured to start for these tests.

I suppose next steps will be to start the DX Lab Suite programs one by one to see which may be involved in this issue. I'll do that shortly.

Thank you. :)

[...]

+ The only reliable way to disable anti-malware is by rebooting Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking". See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationInteference>

Indeed, worked a charm after the reboot.

+ That implies that Windows was in a "bad state" before you rebooted it.

Then I started the rest of the DX Lab Suite applications (with exception of WW) and tried the LoTW sync operations which failed.
I note the last line of the error log (sent by email) has Deletion Result = 1 instead of 0.

I use Launcher to start the suite, no third party applications are configured to start for these tests.

I suppose next steps will be to start the DX Lab Suite programs one by one to see which may be involved in this issue. I'll do that shortly.

+ Your next step should be to diagnose and correct your Windows system.