Topics

SC age filter

w5ec

I generally have no need to continue to display spots that are older than 1 hour.
How can I get SC to the delete the outdated spots?
I can't find this info.
Bill W5EC

Joe Subich, W4TV

How can I get SC to the delete the outdated spots?
If you want to remove them completely from the spot database, set a
"prune" time of 1 hour (0.04 days) and configure SC to "Prune Spot
Database hourly)". SC -> Config -> Spot Database

Note: this will delete all entries that have not been updated in
the last hour. The downside is that historical data will not be
available for trying to track down operating patterns of desired
"targets" or for spotting general propagation patterns.

You can also set an "age" parameter in SC -> Config -> Spot Database
(Filters | Age Filter) then check the "Age" box in the lower row of
SC's Main window. Spot Database entries will not be deleted (pruned)
but those entries that have not been updated within the "Maximum Age"
window will not be displayed.

See "Help" for the SpotCollector -> Config -> Spot Database window.

On 2020-11-27 12:05 PM, w5ec wrote:
I generally have no need to continue to display spots that are older than 1 hour.
How can I get SC to the delete the outdated spots?
I can't find this info.
Bill W5EC

w5ec

"Prune" is what I was looking for!