Topics

Spot Collector Noted

Ed W2LCQ

In the SC Notes field I’m seeing Chinese characters in almost every entry. Can you please tell me how to remove the Chines characters and replace them with the English language version?

Thanks so much.

Best, Ed

73 de W2LCQ, Ed Jones

Frankford Radio Club
BUG 204 - TBDXC 1337 - CWops 701 (Life) - SKCC 5474T - FISTS 12294 - QCWA 33438 - LICWC 51 - ARRL - New York County (Manhattan) FN30AT

The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” ...Nicola Tesla

In the SC Notes field I’m seeing Chinese characters in almost every entry. Can you please tell me how to remove the Chines characters and replace them with the English language version?

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. on the Configuration window's General tab, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. terminate SpotCollector

3. start SpotCollector

4. wait until at least two new Spot Database Entries have been created whose notes field contain Chinese characters

5. on the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

6. attach the errorlog.txt file from your SpotCollector folder to an email message, and send that message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com