Topics

Assistance with DXKeeper

The best I can tell if I remove the name Joel Goldstein and remove the space...by moving all other info up the address populates as it should...

+ The address is being populated "as it should" now. When you want to inspect or modify a QSO's address, select that QSO on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, and use the "addr" section of QSL panel.

+ If you remove the name from the address, then if you direct DXKeeper to print envelopes or address labels, the name will be missing from what you print.

rjf802@...

Thanks for the explanation Dave...I understand what is going on now...thanks for the assistance...

Great program and excellent support...
--

Best Regards,
Ronald

rjf802@...

The best I can tell if I remove the name Joel Goldstein and remove the space...by moving all other info up the address populates as it should...
--

Regards,
Ronald

Dave I see the following in the Addr area:

Joel Goldstein
319 Pettyway Circle
Greenwood, AR 72936
USA

From what I can tell each contact show showing the same format...Name, Address, City and State, USA

+ That's correct, though obviously QSOs with people in other countries will not specify a State or "USA".

rjf802@...

Dave I see the following in the Addr area:

Joel Goldstein
319 Pettyway Circle
Greenwood, AR 72936
USA

From what I can tell each contact show showing the same format...Name, Address, City and State, USA

--

Regards,
Ronald

Dave I uploaded a screen shot of my log to the Files section under my call W4RJF...for your review.

+ Thanks for the screen shot, Ronald. For those wishing to take a look, it's here:

<https://groups.io/g/DXLab/files/W4RJF%20Log%20Example/Log.png>

+ The screenshot shows that the Address item in your QSO with W5GOL correctly contains

Joel Goldstein
319 Pettway Circle
Greenwood, AR 72936
USA

+ You have configured the Log Page Display to include a column for the Address item. Only the first line of each QSO's address is visible in this column because the address lines are separated by line break characters, so that they will be properly printed on envelopes or address labels.

+ When you manually populate a QSO's Address item, you should include line breaks so that the address will be properly formatted when printed. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Items.htm#addr>

+ which describes this item as

"the full name and address to which a request for QSL should be sent, formatted as you wish it to appear on an envelope or label (use the Enter key to insert line breaks)"

+ DXKeeper is performing as designed.

I have configured DX Keeper to use "QRZ.com via Pathfinder" as its callbook. I use DXKeeper Capture to enter the call and select Lookup. The call I entered was W5GOL. After the lookup I select the Log button. This is what is showing in my log...

Station Call: W5GOL
Name: Joel
Address: Joel Goldstein
QTH: Greenwood, AR

This is what is showing on QTH:

Joel Goldstein, W5GOL
319 Pettway Circle
Greenwood, AR 72936
USA

The one issued I failed to mention: My entire log in the address section is showing only names...the only addresses are the ones I have manually entered. I have no idea what is going on with my log.

+ Please do the following:

1. In the "Log Panels" panel on DXKeeper's Configuration window's Log tab, check the QSL box

2. On the Main window's "Log QSO" tab, select the entry for the QSO you just logged with W5GOL

+ What do you see in the Addr item in the QSL panel on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab?

rjf802@...

[...]

Dave thank you for your assistance...
--

Regards,
Ronald

I always keep DXLab updated...current version of DXKeeper is 15.8.9

I worked the station below on 11/23 this is what is displaying:

Station Call: NA4C
Name: Vollie
Address: Vollie T. Miller, Jr
ATH: Dickson, TN

Pathfinder is showing via QTH.COM:

VOLLIE T MILLER, JR, NA4C
1755 E PINEY RD
DICKSON, TN 37055
USA

+ Thanks for the requested information, Ronald. With DXKeeper configured to use "QRZ.com via Pathfinder" as its callbook, when I populate the Capture window's Call item with N4AC, strike the Tab key (to initiate the callbook lookup) and then click the Log button, the resulting logged QSO specifies

Name: Vollie

QTH: Dickson, TN

Address:

VOLLIE T MILLER, JR
1755 E PINEY RD
DICKSON, TN 37055
USA

+ Did you use DXKeeper's Capture window to log your QSO with NA4C, or some other means? It the latter, please describe how you logged the QSO.

rjf802@...

My Pathfinder version is 5.2.6
--

Regards,
Ronald

rjf802@...

I always keep DXLab updated...current version of DXKeeper is 15.8.9

I worked the station below on 11/23 this is what is displaying:

Station Call:  NA4C
Name:  Vollie
Address:  Vollie T. Miller, Jr
ATH:  Dickson, TN

Pathfinder is showing via QTH.COM:

VOLLIE T MILLER, JR, NA4C
1755 E PINEY RD
DICKSON, TN 37055
USA

Thanks for the assistance
--
Regards,
Ronald

I have notices for some time that my log entry information has changed. When I lookup a contact using the Edit...CBA feature the Name Field shows a first name only. The Address Field shows the contacts full name. The address does not show. I use Pathfinder which is setup for QRZ.com Online Callbook.

Could someone provide a suggestion on what I may have changed or what setting I need to address. Thanks in advance.
A similar issue was reported in late September, where a PathFinder
result where the name includes a "nickname" produced a
similar-sounding result. Although I don't see it mentioned in the
release notes, I believe that this was fixed in DXKeeper 15.8.5. Are
you running at least that version?

+ The responsible "nickname" defect was correct in Pathfinder 5.2.6:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/pathfinder/ReleaseNotes/526.txt>

+ which was released on 2020-09-30.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 4:54 PM <rjf802@gmail.com> wrote:

I have notices for some time that my log entry information has changed. When I lookup a contact using the Edit...CBA feature the Name Field shows a first name only. The Address Field shows the contacts full name. The address does not show. I use Pathfinder which is setup for QRZ.com Online Callbook.

Could someone provide a suggestion on what I may have changed or what setting I need to address. Thanks in advance.
A similar issue was reported in late September, where a PathFinder
result where the name includes a "nickname" produced a
similar-sounding result. Although I don't see it mentioned in the
release notes, I believe that this was fixed in DXKeeper 15.8.5. Are
you running at least that version?

73,

~iain / N6ML

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments belw
I have notices for some time that my log entry information has changed.  When I lookup a contact using the Edit...CBA feature the Name Field shows a first name only.  The Address Field shows the contacts full name.  The address does not show.  I use Pathfinder which is setup for QRZ.com Online Callbook.

+ DXKeeper endeavors to populate the Name item with your QSO partner's first name.

+ What's an example of a callsign for which a QRZ.com  callbook lookup via Pathfinder only populates the Address item with a name but not an address?

rjf802@...